Interesting Interview with Edu Falaschi

Mooseknuckle

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Sep 16, 2006
Charleston AFB, SC
From Bravewords:

Q: Ok, I think it is time to clear out the situation with Angra. There was a recent press release saying that after the end of Angra there is a new band called Almah. What is the truth?

A: "There was a big confusion on this. I have to state that Angra are not dead. There is a big problem with the manager who actually owns the band’s name. We had a big fight with the manager about financial issues and actually we discovered a lot of bad things so we had to split. Then the manager said "ok but since I own the name you cannot use it anymore; you cannot do albums, live concerts nothing". So we have to fight this legal problems through lawyers but here in Brazil legal fights take such a long time. It can take almost five years to get into a solution. The truth is that we are the band and not the manager so the name is ours. The bottom line is that we don’t know when this will be solved so this is why I have Almah."

Read the whole interview here: http://www.metal-temple.com/interview.asp?id=501

Very cool interview. I like the fact that he didn't go into the whole Angra situation too much. I think it's time to give the Angra members some space to promote their other projects, instead of beating on a dead horse with the Angra split thing.

Interesting news and article. I sure thought Aurora Consurgens was his best vocal performance with Angra as it really fit his style. Hope more news on Angra comes out sooner than later.

Well, this gives me a sigh of relief. This band needs to keep making great albums and get the recognition they deserve(outside prog/power circles).

Crazy thought of the day - Even though this would be kind of a "sell out", could you Imagine an Angra song on Guitar Hero or something? Shit..