Interesting occupations

This is giving my wife ammunition that I am indeed a geek. I can live with that description :)

*high five!*

Actually, my fellow Lanfear sponsors and I were talking about that very thing when we found out Nuno was a chemist! Most metalheads tend to be gigantic nerds, and that's okay. Shattering stereotypes is fun!

Nothing wrong with that. Many of us metal fans are. For example I'm a network/systems engineer and SkiBumMSP slings code for a living. Sounds like the musicians are as well. :lol:

It is kind if fun shattering the stereotypes. When folks around my workplace find out where I spend 4 days each September, and then discover how many of the musicians and fellow fans hold advanced degrees, they look flabbergasted.

It is kind if fun shattering the stereotypes. When folks around my workplace find out where I spend 4 days each September, and then discover how many of the musicians and fellow fans hold advanced degrees, they look flabbergasted.

LOL yes. People do tend to be surprised to find out that I have a Master's Degree, and that I'm a licensed counselor in the state of IL. :)

LOL yes. People do tend to be surprised to find out that I have a Master's Degree, and that I'm a licensed counselor in the state of IL. :)

Nice! I'm in the process of getting my Master's right now (which is why I had to miss PP this year).

Same here, though there are two coworkers in my office here at UM who are into metal/prog metal, so it's not TOO bad, though my boss thinks its rather inexplicable that I spent as much time as I did going to a concert in this manner.

Everybody has all interesting jobs and stuff. My career path sucks :p
I am currently unemployed, but I am a certified audio engineer for live sound and studio work. I've been thinking about getting my ProTools certification, and I would also like to go back and learn much more about Electronics, so I can build synthesizers.
Hence my being excited about Andy from Redemption being the Line 6 guy.

, so I can build synthesizers.

You should build analog synthesizers. They're amasaing!

384139_417665824963419_1436199024_n.jpg

I know the occupations of the Serenity guys.
Fabio (bassist) has his own recording studio in a music venue in Italy & sometimes teaches, too
Andi (drummer) is a research & development technician (engineer) for a hearing aids company
Mario (keyboardist) is a nurse
Thomas (guitarist) is a web designer
and someone already mentioned that Georg teaches history

Andi (drummer) is a research & development technician (engineer) for a hearing aids company

So very appropriate, lol. Christian is a nurse?! Lol, wow. Most intimidating nurse ever.

I'm a database programmer for a printing and direct mail company. A societally worthless, but very nerdy, job.

Nice! I'm in the process of getting my Master's right now (which is why I had to miss PP this year).

I was in grad school and still went to ProgPower. I just let all my professors know well ahead of time, and arranged to get my work turned in early/take tests right before I left, or immediately after I got back. It just worked out that going to PP wasn't a huge conflict with my schooling. :)

I did, however, have to miss other, closer concerts because they conflicted with things I couldn't miss regarding grad school. Go figure.

I was in grad school and still went to ProgPower. I just let all my professors know well ahead of time, and arranged to get my work turned in early/take tests right before I left, or immediately after I got back. It just worked out that going to PP wasn't a huge conflict with my schooling. :)

I did, however, have to miss other, closer concerts because they conflicted with things I couldn't miss regarding grad school. Go figure.

I just started my grad program this year. Unfortunately, because I support myself and work 30+ hours a week, I had to miss (like always...) PP. Hopefully that changes, as I plan on attending next year.

Going along with the thread... People are amazed to find out that I work supporting public relations of various companies. My primary clients are defense/security contractors with the federal government, and I am responsible for editing reports involving healthcare, healthcare IT and misc. information technology.

Not what I planned on doing, but pays the bills and is helping me pay my way through graduate school.

George, the lead vocalist from Serenity, has a PhD in history and now he is a professor in Austria. Also, Andreas Blomquist, the bass player and main song writer from Seventh Wonder, is a research engineer in Sweden working on heart implants.