Interesting trip...

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
Well, I'm back in Tennessee for a bit. Seeing Fates/DT/QR on Thursday was an experience not to be missed, and hanging with Fates at the Rock Ranch on Friday was way too cool! They did three additional songs (more time for the set) and visited with the fans after the show (seeing that there were only about 40 of us I think).

Prymary (one of the other bands playing the Pre-Party at ProgPower) took the stage just before Fates. Can't wait to see them again at ProgPower!

Also met a contemporary singer/songwriter who is a huge Fates fan
Colleen Gray.

All in all, an interesting trip.

I was feeling a little under the weather on Saturday though, so I headed home early and didn't see the Maidens...
o_O

One thing I will never understand. As a huge Fates fan, I don't understand why they don't get wider acceptance amongst the Metal crowd. Such an awesome band with an abundance of talent - so unappreciated...

Awsome report Toasty!

You have no idea how envious me (as well as the other Kat V members) are that you got to see Fates in such an intamate setting... Although they seem overrated omong progressive metla fans, they definatly underated are underated by the metal community as a whole.

It's ironic you got to see Prymary open... I guess you got a taste of what's to come at the PP PRe-party from these talented muso's! :D

It sounds like you had a great trip, I sure wish I was there for it!

\m/
Dustin