Interesting.....

all4dametal

Aug 25, 2003
Hey everybody, I'm new here. I just bought my first computer and started getting good at it. So I thought why not join a forum about the one and only Devin Townsend ! For my first post, I thought I would give you all some news about one of the DTB members.

I was surfin' on Hevydevy.com and started reading all the personal biographies for the DTB, all of them were cool. When I read Ryan's biography, I noticed the link to his drum website. I went to check it out and found out that he will recording the drumtracks for Christofer Malmstrom's (Darkane) solo project. Gustaf Hielm from Meshuggah is playing bass on it as well. I've only heard Ryan drum on DTB's 'Accelerated Evolution' (I thought he did an awesome job) and the MP3's on his website (his MP3 titled 'A Favour' was cool....killer drumming !). I thought this was interesting news and something I could share with the rest of you, for my first post. I personally can't wait to hear this album !

Anyways, I look forward to posting here more often my fellow Devion's, hope this was as interesting news for you as it was for me !

Hey you !!!
welcome to the board !!!

I'm geoff the Hevydevy and ryan van poederooyen webmaster !!!
Rayn seems very excited about this project with the guy from darkane and it should be here somewher ein 2004...

also, for those that went to the SYL shows with SJR
is this true??? Or is this just a rumor !!!!

DEV SHAVED HIS HEAD AGAIN, HE IS BOLD NOW !!!

Anyone can confirm this ???
:loco:

Gustaf isn't in Meshuggah no more ? Since when ? He did all the touring up to there very last date this year I thought ? Where did you hear the news ? I know they don't include him in photo's but he still was playing bass in the band....Thanks for the welcome Geoff, great job on Ryan's website, I thought there were mpeg's on his site ? None the less great job for a great drummer !

Thanks for the info Ivanhoe,

But.....Meshuggah did mention they were going without Gustaf when they released 'Nothing'. Then they had problems with their 8-string guitars and Gustaf ended up playing with them on their tour with Tool and Ozzfest to help fill in the bottom end, then he toured with SYL and other bands and the last I heard (a month ago) he was still in the band....He's a great bass player anyway, no matter what the story is. I just think it would be crazy for Meshuggah to loose a bass player !

Ivanhoe, If you can find any info on Gustaf not being in the band FORSURE that would be cool to read. Don't get me wrong I somewhat believe you, I just would love to read the article ! This project with all these players is going to be awesome, no matter what ! Cheers buddy !