Intermediate metal lessons!

rockinglicks

New Metal Member
Jul 2, 2013
I was taught to play metal when I was small. I can somehow play but not that way out. I learnt the song Seek and Destroy by Metallica. I need more help to keep me busy playing, I just love to play metal. Can anyone tell me few tips on intermediate lessons?? Since I have not been touch guitar for so long.

I know this is old but an obvious choice if you don't want to pay for lessons is to search YouTube for the style of music you are interested in. So search YouTube for "Metallica" and you will find others covering the song. Also you can search for "Metallica Guitar Lesson".

The same searches may work in Google as well but I bet you get your best choices on YouTube.

best advice i was given was learn by ear..

listen to your favourite songs... try figuring em out.. ok at first it might be difficult, so check some tabs, once u get the hang of it, figure out some songs by ear.. see what they do and try add your own style into that and make start making your own stuff.. if your goal is to compose ur own stuff, then keep listening and experimenting, soon you'll get better... if your goal is to learn your fav songs, then just check out the tabs on ultimate-guitar

enjoy