interpol

Our Love To Admire was a massive disappointment for me. Two or three songs are excellent, but I found the rest to be fairly bland.
Not a touch on Antics which is one of my favourite albums.

Ah, I listened to about half of "Turn on the Bright Lights" earlier & I must say I really enjoyed it. It's not my normal top shelf goosebump inducing music, but it's still very good for what it is & I don't sense a boring aesthetic in the music thus far.

Happy New Year in 9 minutes!!! I'm home alone with some drink. I just went to a bar & I got so bored I had to leave to come home.

Just listened to Pioneer to the Falls, its Ok, not my thing, a bit to elementary for me. Wasnt crazy about much of the songs in the list on the side there of the Pitchfork site. Grizzly Bear, Iron and Wine or Radio Head. Most of it sounded like one person sitting home with a keyboard, drum machine, microphone and a limited musical quest. Might be good for a Sunday effort of seducing a girl....... if I was younger and really cared....... I would use some smooth jazz, be happier and accomplish the same end results.... lol. Never much of a rythmic groove, basic half note drum beats, Lennon type vocals.... nah, not for me.

Our Love To Admire was a massive disappointment for me. Two or three songs are excellent, but I found the rest to be fairly bland.
Not a touch on Antics which is one of my favourite albums.

Well, Our Love TO Admire is a bit of a interesting new direction for Interpol. You must give them credit for injecting the epic quality into their music. But yea nothing can hold a candle to Antics, which one on the best albums that I have ever heard.

Ah, I listened to about half of "Turn on the Bright Lights" earlier & I must say I really enjoyed it. It's not my normal top shelf goosebump inducing music, but it's still very good for what it is & I don't sense a boring aesthetic in the music thus far.

Yes, it is a grower. "Obstacle 1" is an AMAZING SONG. "Hands Away" is interesting has it is based off of what I think is The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover but comes short with the other songs. If you like this album you willlove Antics, which is a much stronger album.

Heard "Antics" and I think it was called "Turn on the Bright Lights"? Decent band, but not all that blown away. Like I said, probably need to sit down and devote sufficient time to listening or investigating. HUH?

Heard "Antics" and I think it was called "Turn on the Bright Lights"? Decent band, but not all that blown away. Like I said, probably need to sit down and devote sufficient time to listening or investigating. HUH?

Yea, listen to both of those albums again. Turn On The Bright Lights is considered one of the best indie rock albums of the decade.

I heard an Interpol song on XM today. Sounded like generic alternative rock to me (not saying it is based on the one song, but still)

Mathiäs;6849960 said:
I heard an Interpol song on XM today. Sounded like generic alternative rock to me (not saying it is based on the one song, but still)

Well, that is what the new single sounds like from the new album. I would try the first few singles off of Turn On The Bright Lights. Interpol are beyond a generic band.

Right! nothing "generic" about Interpol. Downloaded "Turn on the Bright Lights" from Emusic and after a few listens I'm really impressed. Excellent sonwriting with some amazing lyrics. Thanx, Alter your positive posts about this band convinced me to really give an attentive listen. Sadly, imo, todays culture initiates "instant gratification" people want everything(including music), to be awesome, without putting forth the "effort" to listen and appreciate. By doing this I have been rewarded with a band doing some very interesting things.

I've really been liking "Turn on the Bright Lights". It is music that is very "familiar" sounding, but it's good to relax with. Also many of the songs are very memorable compared to other somewhat similar bands. I will look into their 2nd album after this one becomes more familiar to me.

Right! nothing "generic" about Interpol. Downloaded "Turn on the Bright Lights" from Emusic and after a few listens I'm really impressed. Excellent sonwriting with some amazing lyrics. Thanx, Alter your positive posts about this band convinced me to really give an attentive listen. Sadly, imo, todays culture initiates "instant gratification" people want everything(including music), to be awesome, without putting forth the "effort" to listen and appreciate. By doing this I have been rewarded with a band doing some very interesting things.

Of course its a great band! Is Obstacle 1 not the most addicting song ever. I swear that I have listened to that song at least once a day for Six months. Paul's lyrics are fucking amazing.

I've really been liking "Turn on the Bright Lights". It is music that is very "familiar" sounding, but it's good to relax with. Also many of the songs are very memorable compared to other somewhat similar bands. I will look into their 2nd album after this one becomes more familiar to me.

Yea, the second album is very good. In fact, it was the first I fell in love with. It is different in that the songs are much more mature and "epic" than the first. It is not as catchy but maybe even better. Tell me what you think of it.