Interview with Anders Fridén from Tartarean Desire

Wow that "n*flames" joke is gettin verrrrrrrrry tired.

@Steve: where did you hear there were issues with Glenn's songs? They've played Food for the Gods on the Clayman tour and that was co-written by Glenn. I'm not saying its bullshit I'm just curious where u heard it.

Just by the way... Everybody who speak finnish should check out the newest Soundi, there's a nice interview there. Maybe somebody with a better skill in english could translate it for the others to read.

Xzar said:
Just by the way... Everybody who speak finnish should check out the newest Soundi, there's a nice interview there. Maybe somebody with a better skill in english could translate it for the others to read.
Thanks for that, dude. To the library I go. I don't promise I'll be translating it all but I can at least create a synopsis out of it.

Do you guys still forget that bands that have been around for awhile RARELY play their earlier material? Unless they rely on the classics like Maiden and other bands...

So, remember, they probably wouldn't play the damn songs even if they sounded good live.

Freddy Krueger said:
Do you guys still forget that bands that have been around for awhile RARELY play their earlier material? Unless they rely on the classics like Maiden and other bands...

So, remember, they probably wouldn't play the damn songs even if they sounded good live.
wtf are you talking about?

Metallica: tons of classics
Maiden: tons of Classics
Dark Tranquillity: back to Gallery
Children Bodom: whole catalog
Opeth: have rotated Morningrise/MAYH songs into their set
Soilwork: Just rotated Saddistic Lullaby into their set as well as TCM songs.
Blind Guardian: Still play stuff all the way back to Battallions
Arch Enemy: Play Black Earth songs still.

I realize you said rarely, but my point is, plenty of bands still take the time to give a nod to their back catalog. I also realize its impossible to play the whole TJR album or whatever, but it would be refreshing to get some classics rotated instead of going through the motions with Moonshield/Colony/Clad in Shadows

In flames; nu metal? Oh no it can't be?!, thanks for opening my eyes. I can't believe how foolish i've been. How could Anders and his vagabonds do this?

commandante said:
Children of Bodom sucks though...

You sir should be dragged into the streets and beaten severly over the head with a lead pipe, and thrown face first into the biggest pile of cow shit ever to grace the earth.

Now to the point of In Flames, first off I remeber correctly when I saw them play live they played Behind Space, a bunch of things of Colony and Clayman, and a few R2R songs. I am going to buy the album and if sucks ill have my right to complain.

COBSteele02 said:
You sir should be dragged into the streets and beaten severly over the head with a lead pipe, and thrown face first into the biggest pile of cow shit ever to grace the earth.
and you should be anally raped by a gang of huge black man for listening to subpar quality metal done by a bunch of feminine Finnish guys, wanking their instruments and stealing riffs from here and there. shut up...

commandante said:
and you should be anally raped by a gang of huge black man for listening to subpar quality metal done by a bunch of feminine Finnish guys, wanking their instruments and stealing riffs from here and there. shut up...

Just leave please, you are only making a fool of yourself, anybody that knows anything about metal will laugh their ass off at your dumbass rant. Your gay get the fuck out noob.

The majority of people who think CoB sucks haven't really even heard CoB. Those people who have heard CoB and won't consider that they are talented either are:

1. A nu-metal follower with the likes of Linkin Park and others.

2. Have no actual knowledge in music and pretty much follows the group.

3. Doesn't really pay attention to what they are listening to. The majority of people will find that this is the best suited reason. You might hear CoB and be like, "Wow, this is slop. It sounds completely out of context." If you open your fucking ears and actually interpret the meaning of the lyrics, the awesome guitar work with the harmonization of the keyboards and the drums, you will actually find that a great amount of talent lies in the band. I didn't mention bass because a lot of people don't really listen for it.

This reminds me of a post I responded to a while back. We were talking about......something, and this dude was like, "Death sucks!" or something of the sort. I got on his case and straight up asked him what he had heard, had he paid attention, etc. He said not really so I suggested a few songs to him. He got them, gave them a listen and after that, he came back to me asking for more recommendations.

That speaks for itself.