Interview with Mendez

The Moor

Still Life
May 17, 2003
Visit site
Sorry to lead you to think their is one, as i would like see someone interview Martin Mendez. I would like to hear his point of view starting from his still life debut do his current input on the music. Does he not speak english well, or does he choose not to do interviews? If their is someone who speaks his dialect, please, lets hear some questions to ask.

The Moor said:
Sorry to lead you to think their is one, as i would like see someone interview Martin Mendez. I would like to hear his point of view starting from his still life debut do his current input on the music. Does he not speak english well, or does he choose not to do interviews? If their is someone who speaks his dialect, please, lets hear some questions to ask.

Um, his english is quite finer than yours, going by my few minutes talking with him after the Calgary show.

Testamentt said:
Um, his english is quite finer than yours, going by my few minutes talking with him after the Calgary show.

judging by your maturity level i'de suggest you can't define what is good english, by that your mouth should be shut. i didn't ask for your shit.

The Moor said:
judging by your maturity level i'de suggest you can't define what is good english, by that your mouth should be shut. i didn't ask for your shit.

Huh? Judging by your reaction, you didn't properly comprehend what I said. I should've expected as much, I guess.

To put it in words you can understand:

His english is good.

I guess the reason you don't see many interview with Mendez (and Lopez for that matter) is that Mikael and Peter (especially Mikael) are the main men, you might say. The "leaders".

osse87 said:
I guess the reason you don't see many interview with Mendez (and Lopez for that matter) is that Mikael and Peter (especially Mikael) are the main men, you might say. The "leaders".

Ya, i guess you could say that. Although i remember seeing a few sit in interviews with all 4 memebers, and it was only mikael and peter talking, the martins just sat their without any words. I'm not trying to be a pirck about this, i'm just curious.

Mendez is the coolest fellow in Opeth.

Grand Daddy of Cool and Bass = Martin Mendez

I think he might be a little shy?

shy = cool

Mendez is quite shy and content with letting Mikael and Peter do the interviews. If I get my way (like I'm supposed to this time), I will interview each guy on different days of the tour. I'm not sure if Lopez will do one and I will not press him to do it if he doesn't feel like it. Lopez does interviews as well, he's just a very laid back kind of guy.

Mendez does seem a little shy on the Lamentations documentary,or maybe it's just the accent. Could be that he's not so confident with his english. Dunno. :) That shyness/whatever is just cool on the documentary anyway.
Would be great reading an interview with him though.