Interview with Mikael Stanne during the Fury Fest 2005.

Killermik

...Of Melancholy Burning
Nov 15, 2004
France
Hello,

I was very pleased to met Mikael and the band during the Fury Fest and i did an interview which will be available in french within a week on www.thrashocore.com.

But i know you dont all speak french so i translated it again (went directly from recording to french) for you on this forum :) (the one on thrashocore will be a bit longer since we were two to perform it and i was wondering if i didnt forgot anything while the other was asking his...)

What about “The New Build” video clip ?

It represents perfectly our European fans. It’s being broadcasted on different media

It’s not on the net?

No (no more precisions…)

During your show, why do you always skip the calm and instrumental parts, even on the songs you play (ex : Through Smudged Lenses)

Actually, I love this kind of stuff and we already played some things like that in the past. But we have a very short time to play and we have to do the maximum we can : we are trying to please everybody by playing new and old songs as well. Maybe it will be more possible when we will be headliner again…

Continuing on this idea : why didn’t you play Lethe intro on the DVD?

We could have done it easily that’s right. It just didn’t happens…

Do you think you fan in some country don’t know your oldest song : for example you never played “Of Chaos…” during this tour in France whereas you played it elsewhere…

No, we know that our fan know this kind of song. Actually we don’t have a specific setlist when we play in a different country…

You wrote “Character” some time ago from now : do you already want to write something else?

No, actually writing “Character” just exhausted us. It was so intense and we had some pressure concerning the “business” side of the music : it’s not fun to write music when all you have in mind is the business side…”Character” still represent lot of new stuff and I don’t want to be in some kind of cycle : write promote write promote etc…

It’s a trend nowadays to release a live DVD with a full album played on it (ex : Slayer with “Reign In Blood”). You know a lot of your fan love “The Gallery” and “The Mind’s I” : do you think it would be a good gift for them to do something like that?

Actually I love it when Slayer do it. But I don’t fell it would be something to do for us…There are cover band for that. At the moment we are putting all our efforts on “Character” songs and that’s on it we want to focus.

Can we expect a headlining tour any soon or you want to do a break after this one?

No, its just beginning. We will be back before the end of the year for longer shows.

You recently re-released “The Gallery” and “The Mind’s I” : there were supposed to be remastered but in the end it wasn’t : is it normal?

Actually no. We have no control over this kind of things. People from the former label called us and asked : “do you want to have the albums released with bonus songs?” We said “yes”, “do you want to have them remastered?” we said “yes”. But it didn’t happen, it’s sad.

King Chaos said:
Excellent. Enjoyable read. This has made me a little bit happier. Thank you killermik.

Nt3N said:
hi killermik! nice interview! can i add it to my interviews section on www.darkillity.net? i'll of course give credit to u and link ur website ;) us that ok?

tnx

Sure :)

Edit : by the way : my name is Mikael dont put killermik, I used this because Mikael was taken on DT board :p