Interview with Tony Martin.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
http://www.uberrock.co.uk/interviews/58-july-interviews/5575-tony-martin-interview-exclusive.html

...From the outside looking in, there seems to have been a deliberate attempt to expunge that whole period of Sabbath's history, covering the years and albums involving Ian Gillan, Ray Gillen and Martin himself: for example, a quick check on a certain website on the morning of the interview proved that most of the albums from the era are deleted, and those that are available are decade-old rehashes...

It figures :Smug: (Shozzy....)

Tyr is a classic!

New Mollo/Martin album was a disappointment, but would still very much like to see him in concert.

Tyr is a highly underrated album, but my favorite from Martin era will always be Headless Cross.

Tyr is a highly underrated album, but my favorite from Martin era will always be Headless Cross.
Heck yeah! I'd also say "Cross Purposes" is an excellent album.

Shame few people bother checking them out, of course this whole removing thing doesn't help. :/

Heck yeah! I'd also say "Cross Purposes" is an excellent album.

Shame few people bother checking them out, of course this whole removing thing doesn't help. :/

"Cross Purposes" is another underrated gem, Geezer stood after Dio departed, Tony came back and the result is a very good metal album. Sadly they couldn´t keep the momentum and "Forbidden" :puke:came afterwards.

Cross Purposes does have some very good tracks, but it's a little uneven for me. Never felt that it was quite up to par with Tyr or HC or Eternal Idol

Thanks for the link, that was a great interview with "The Cat". I've always been a huge defender of the Tony Martin era of Sabbath and consider all that era's albums (with the exception of the last one, Forbidden) to be really good albums and more than worthy to be alongside the Ozzy or Dio stuff.
In fact (and I know this is blasphemy), when I bought Dehumanizer way back in the early 90s I was actually disappointed that Martin had left and Dio was back since I had absolutely loved Tyr and was hoping for the band to continue along those lines.

In fact (and I know this is blasphemy), when I bought Dehumanizer way back in the early 90s I was actually disappointed that Martin had left and Dio was back since I had absolutely loved Tyr and was hoping for the band to continue along those lines.

You were not the only one. Even as much as I love "Dehumanizer", I also felt that it broke Martin era which was going really good to that point.

There were supposedly demos of Dehumanizer album recorded with Tony Martin vocals, but they've never surfaced.