Into Eternity Question

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
As I posted last week, I went and saw Amorphis/Into Eternity, etc and as this was the first time I saw IE, I was wondering something.

I remembered reading that this band had some problems with 2-3 guys leaving and I was just curious who's who. I really didn't catch any names so I'll give a brief description: 5 dudes on stage. There were two bald guitar players on the stage. One was taller with a long-ass goatee and he handled all the low-end, guttural-Glen Benton-is-my-bro-death vox. The other was shorter and a bit heavier than the other, and he did clean backing vox. Then there was a darker, shorter-hair guy on bass who varied on vox, part clean and part death. There was a long-haired blonde dude on lead vox who went up real high on all his notes. The drummer I didn't get too good of a look at.

Could someone tell me who's who, and who replaced who, that sorta thing. Just curious. Thanks! :worship:

hu??? i dont think so...Stu is new on the Vox replacing Dean, and Adam is kinda new on drums but he atleast played on the new album. Now the Big guy on the Low vox is Rob and the Lead is Tim. They, with Troy are the 3 original members.

Nope. The Buried In Oblivion lineup was as follows: Chris Krall-clean & death vox; Scott Krall-bass; Tim Roth, lead guitar/clean & death vox; Rob Doherty-lead guitar, low death vox; Jim Austin, drums.

Scott left first and Troy was brought in. Then after the summer 2004 European festivals, Jim and Chris left. Adam and Dean (me) joined in time for ProgPowerV, ProgPower Europe and the European tour with Kataklysm. I left after that and Stu replaced me.

So the current lienup is Tim (only original member), Rob, Troy, Adam and Stu. Looks like it's going to stay that way for the next album.

Troy hasn't been with the band for very long... So, in my view he is indeed a new full time member of the band... not the newest, but he could be considered a new band member....

If you don't aggree with me, I'd like to let you know that even Rob considers him that... And that comes from his own mouth, not mine... =)

AR,You think you might actually take the word of someone that was in the band? Thanks for posting that Dean.

I have now seen three different incarnations of IE live and they all kicked ass. I do have to say that I was very excited and pumped to have seen them recently on the tour, it was a very high energy show all the way around.

Bear

Guys... read previous posts! You're confirming each other, yet arguing about it? LOL

And what the shitting shit happened to their website? I wanted to see if they're coming through Detroit, and there's nothing there. Dead link. Da fuck??

I guess maybe Ticketmaster will have tour dates for Amorphis? I suppose?

Bryan316 said:
Guys... read previous posts! You're confirming each other, yet arguing about it? LOL

And what the shitting shit happened to their website? I wanted to see if they're coming through Detroit, and there's nothing there. Dead link. Da fuck??

IE is coming to a venue in Southern California called The Galaxy (about 5 minutes from my house) in October with Stratovarius. After their performance at PP I know I will be there. :headbang: And, as a bonus, we can check out Stratovarius again. Hope some of you guys can make it over here, it will be a great show.

Bryan316 said:

The site moved. It's now intoeternity.net instead of .com
Rob said they're joining up with Strato in Atlanta to start the tour after ProgPower, so you might just see 'em around.