Introduction and a mix for critique

Hello all, I have been lurking on this forum for awhile and decided I should join up. I have been playing guitar for 23 years or so, and have more recently become interested in the production side of things. Given that my current band has no label and thus no budget, I have decided to take on the recording and mixing of our upcoming ep. I found these tracks here for mix practice, and I was hoping for some constructive criticism.

I mixed with pretty conservative levels, and I didn't do any cleaning up of the tracks or anything. This mix is more or less an experiment to see if I could get the balance of instruments the way I liked it. Turned out to be more difficult than expected, as I didn't care much for the raw tones. I also didn't do any automation, which certainly could help in a couple places. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vocals are slightly dry... But I actually dig that. Could use a LITTLE "dressing up". But not much, for this music, this is the shit.... It's actually nice to hear something raw and gritty as shit on here.