Introduction & Peavey Windsor modification questions

Izzy vL

New Metal Member
Dec 25, 2013
Netherlands, Europe
First I'll introduce myself, I'm 17, male, live in The Netherlands, Europe, I play both electric and acoustic guitar, and electric bass. I have a quite wide taste in music, from blues to rock and metal, but also older and newer pop/mainstream music.
Then the part with the questions ;) I have a Peavey Windsor head, with which I'm happy but I'd like to change some things. First off, I want to get rid of the "texture" knob. It's turned all the way to "Class A operation" at all times, but this reduces the output power, so I want to change the power amp to a full time, no nonsense, 100 watt Class A power amp.
Secondly, I found this amp to clean up far less, when backing up the guitar volume, than my other Peavey, the Valaveking Royal 8 combo. Is my hypothesis correct that this is caused by the Windsor having 2 12AX7's in the preamp, instead of one? And if so, how does one "skip" the first preamp tube?
Lastly, though this would be for if I'd buy a 2nd one, what capacitors should be changed to what values to make it (even) more useable as a bass amp? I've plugged my bass (Fender Precision Bass Deluxe copy with EMG PJ-X pickups) into the Windsor and found it sounding great, though I think it'd be even better with a more suitable EQ section.
Thanks for reading and any replies
Greetz Izzy