Introduction

Kiwigaz

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2010
Hi there everyone. This is my first post and looking forward to some more. Of course the reason that I am posting here is that I love progressive metal. There is nothing quite like it and I just can’t get enough. I started out listening to The Sweet way back when, then moved onto Thin Lizzy, Led Zeppelin and Van Halen. Listening to Dream Theater for the first time was just an amazing experience and I still rate them as the band that defines progressive metal. Nowdays, and of course for the past years, there have been many fantastic albums and bands that just blow me away. Way too many to list although last year I would say Redemption, Planeshift, Southern Cross, Narnia, Pantommind, Pyrmary, DT, Mindkey, To-Mera, Status Minor (and many more) all released albums that I rate highly. Also not forgetting both Leprous and Sacrum whose albums I just love.

This year I am going to be attending PPE for the first time this year…………..and am I so looking forward to it! I have already booked and paid for the 3 day package just to make sure I get in on time. I live in New Zealand, so it’s a long trip to make - although will be combining some activities when in Europe. I will be attending with a very dear friend from Germany…so everything at the moment is working out just fine.

I do have one question that perhaps you can help me with so that I can made some solid arrangements. I believe that last year the first band started to play around 5.00pm on the Friday and the last band finished around 12.00pm on Sunday evening. I guess this will be the same for this year? Thanks.

I look forward to meeting some of you this year?

Gary

Welcome Gary!

That information is a tad unprecise, because at 5 pm we usually plan to be at the chinese restaurant to start the weekend with some really delicious food (quite fair after a long trip). If the schedule is the same as last year, the opening band will start at 7 pm.

Looking forward to meet you guys!

Can't miss the annual invasion of the metalheads at the local Chinese restaurant! :)

If you want a good impression of what the festival is like, read Raimond's three-day report on PPEU 2009! (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3) It's a nice read and a very accurate description :D

Welcome to the forums and definitely looking forward to meeting you at the festival!