Are we ready?

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
So, just a couple of days to go and we celebrate our 10th anniversary, unbelievable! We had no idea what to expect when we started PP in 1999, 10 years later we are still here and we have some editions of PP in the USA and Scandinavia (unfortunately the UK had to cancel their edition).

Right now we are preparing all the latest details, like the rooms for Castle de Berckt, final backline details, signing sessions, etc etc etc. As always details have to be arranged pretty late, but most of these things can't be arranged that early. But we are ready for it and we really look forward to next weekend.

Musically we do expect a lot this year, the quality is huge in our opinion, and even of you do not know that many bands, you won't regret our choices. I hardly can't choose any specific band I really look forward to see, but if I have to mention one than I would choose the opener, DIVISION BY ZERO. Be sure you will not miss them. And of course the WOLVERINE setlist of 1999 will be my personal highlight of the weekend :). But I am sure all other bands won't disappoint you, we already heard that PATHOSRAY was one of the best bands at PP USA and right now I am listening to the new SUSPYRE (they only sell 60 copies next weekend so you better buy it asap!), which will please many of you!

To all of you who will travel to Baarlo next weekend, have a safe trip. We gonna make a huge party of it next weekend, ticket sales is better than the last few years which means that the interest in PP Europe is still growing. And we would like to keep it this way.

If you can't come this year, than be sure to come over next year, because PP Europe 2008 will not be the last edition, promised!

See you all next week.

Rene

Awesome stuff :) I'm bringing a few friends that have never been to ProgPower before, but I'm sure they'll keep on returning like I have :)

We'll have a blast again! Thanks René and the rest of the organisation. The line-up looks awesome once more, the regular people will be attending again and the beer will flow richly :D

Many years long I haven't known about progpower, but when I found out that it exists I was highly amazed!

Last year has been my first pp weekend and it simply was great. Though there were a couple of reasons for cancelling the trip, such as Heaven's Cry cancelling, because they did split (what a shame!) and Dreamscape and Sieges Even playing at my hometown too, I got there and met Cyberfloat and Simon and had a great time.
We're bringing two more guys with us this year and made some other people jealous who can't affort tickets; I bet they've already started saving money for pp 11.

One cannot thank Rene and the guys enough for bringing this to life and keeping up the torch for good music!
Keep on going, folks, the world needs people like you!

It's gonna be funny to attend pp 50, when we'll hang around with great music, drinking lots of beer in our private chairs. :lol:

I am so ready:p

This is my first PP Eur and by reading posts i can tell it's a great atmosphere and great people. Besides many great bands that's what i want from a festival. Gonna be a great weekend and i'm looking forward to meet a lot of new people.

:headbang::kickass:

Well said! I think "quality" is the best word to describe PP Europe since it covers the bands, the weekend experience and the people :D

I went to the musical Tarzan today with my sister, her daughter and my mom. We had a great day, but i realized that next weekend i'll be enjoying the music i REALLY like :)

I'll be packing my gear in the next few days ( a brand new and large memory card is on it's way) but still have 4 days left to work. I'm actually in the neighbourhood on Thursday for my work but i'll be driving home in the evenig to return the next day.

as we Dutch sometimes say: 'k heb er zin an !!

H.

I'm coming with a friend for the first time to the PP and we DO are ready :headbang: !! I'm only waiting for the tickets now, and everything will be ok ! I just hope the place is easy to find because I work on Friday and we're coming from France :p!!
Can't wait :kickass:

Just make sure to print out directions, though if you head for Venlo from the dutch border onwards, you should head straight for it and just follow the signs as soon as you see them. The location of the venue, the castle and parkinglots should come with your ticket :)

Also, be very sure you have a real map print out of the area and not just a google maps list of directions!! Last year we hit road construction and ended up taking back roads most of the way with no map to guide us:

"It's 3pm and the sun is about north west, so we need to head about 15 degrees to the right of the sun and that should take us to Limburg...." :lol:

A Navi might be helpful, but I hate carrying electronics with me! For a GPS you'd need to know that the Kasteel is at Latitude 51.341465 Longitude 6.110530... and who's geeky enough to have looked it up? ;)

Yes, like last year we have larger beers for those who want these!!
If I remember correctly, the price per liter beer for large glasses was higher than for those small "test tubes". Triple price for 2.5 times the amount of beer. After ordering a real (=large) beer and calculating the price, I felt like a complete idiot and, what was even worse, the large glass in my hand was the edivence of it for everyone to see. :)

After ordering a real (=large) beer and calculating the priceQUOTE]

The problem isn't that you felt like an idiot, it's that you were sober enough to calculate the price per litre in the first place and remember it one year later!!! :p

I think I mostly drank the little ones... don't remember though.
the funny thing about those beers is that you can drink an endless amount of them.