The "I DISCOVERED AN AWESOME BAND THAT SHOULD PLAY PP" thread

noren

Pixel coordinator
Jan 9, 2002
Alingsås, Sweden
www.progart.com
One great thing about PP is that you always discover some great totally unknown bands in the line-up.

What if we had a thread where we added links to myspacepages with bands that you think are worthy a slot at next PP.

My first suggestion will be a young band from Örebro, Sweden.
They are called Fictional me. Listen and hear who teir big heroes are :)
Well, I doubt we will get the original to PP, but this would do just great!

http://www.myspace.com/fictionalme

Easy one: http://www.myspace.com/nomadesense

No Made Sense is a young, British band. They just released their amazing debut album, "The Epillanic Choragi", last year, which can be seen as a mixture of Tool, Mastodon, Cult of Luna and Hacride. Heavy, dark, technical, progressive... what else do you want from a Prog Power band? :)

I think we should make them composers of that song "we neeed metal, we need steel, we need fireeeee FIREEE!!!!!!" yeah that song...

Kees will love you forever, Jana :p The song's called 'Dragons and Fire' :p And they call themselves 'Just in case' (aka Justin & Kees) :p Though they should go with a name like Matt suggested at Progpower like "just filling in for the next band" or "just here for the beer", so they can go 'Hey everyone! we're Just Filling In For The Next Band!" :p

Haha, we're not really called Just in case... It's way to gay for me (though it might just be alright for Justin/Toy Boy :p sorry... just had to make that one) Any ideas for a band name are welcome though ;) AND! I'm gonna do my best to get in this list seriously once! Am I not ambitious? ;)

It would be pretty damn cool though to open progpower on friday with Dragons and Fire :p And maybe my version of Breaking the Law called....... Mowing the Lawn! Muhahhahaha
I'm not really adding to the topic am I?

At the moment I don't really know what band is a good candidate, but I will post when I know one!

As long as you play "Hey johnny depp", I'm not bothered.

"Ouch wrist, the meaning of pig, the wig that I want you to dye. Slow deaf, he mends the gate. Shouts to clint: "You'll do life!!" :kickass:

New? Gorod isn't new; they played under the moniker of "Gorgasm" before - but they have changed the name as they were getting confused with an American band of the same name. Check their previous album, "Neurotripsicks", it's awesome :D

I'm still convinced that René and crew should book Malpractice from Finland. I've been putting them on my wishlist the past 2 years and I'm 100% sure they'd fit in at the festival, partially because of their style of music (duh!) and also partially because of the Progpower spirit. The festival has been trying to get new, unknown acts and giving them the exposure they so deserve. Malpractice could be one of those bands that, with the extra bit of exposure they could generate from playing outside of their own country for the first time in the existence of the band, could make it and make it big in the prog scene, in my very humble opinion.

Also they are working on their fourth studio album, which should prolly be finished by the time Progpower 2010 rolls around. This gives them enough material to put up a nice show, and they'd have something to promote as well!

Give them a listen, buy their albums and hopefully rock out with me up front when they play Progpower Europe 2010!

Here's their myspace page and their website

:headbang:Great find, man! Didn't know Markus Teske has his own band running! Kinda generic German sound, but - hey - I am a German!:headbang: