Intronaut Drums samples - In progress

John Haddad (Shiva Industries)

Dump Truck Repairs
Nov 17, 2005
Corona, CA
www.trenchstudio.com
I'm currently working on putting together a full drum sample set of the most recent Intronaut Album "Habitual Levitations" Record. I tracked all the drums for this record and man do they sound good. 18 total mics for the complete kit. 5 room mics for that classic wide roomy feel if needed. I will also be creating IR's of the room so they can be dropped into your favorite reverb plug-in.

Here are a couple of photo's of the set up and what not. Mic selection ranges from Neumann to AKG 414's (overheads) to Sennheiser and Octava...etc etc. Preamps used - API and Trident.

Here's is and example of the samples so far with a bit of room mic. Keep in mind the samples you are hearing are only 1 sample/instance of the drum. There will obviously be multiple hits and velocities for each drum as well as a complete Meinl cymbal set.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1754441/Intronaut_sample_2.mp3

326758_10151071247270334_509378130_o.jpg

sample_board.jpg

This is awesome. Intronaut are amazing ! The record that I had a year or two back wasnt as good a representation of the band as Id hoped it would have been after being introduced to them live. Best of luck with the recording. Drums sound cool so far, that drummer is such a badass.