Invading Vinland

thornh

Mar 8, 2006
New Hampshire
Happy New Year everyone!

Well, it's a new year and this forum has been pretty quiet lately so I thought it was about time to talk some Amon Amarth again! To all of you over in Europe I hope it is not as freaking cold as it is over here in Vinland! As one of our local comedians, Maine's own Mr. Bob Marley, would say "This is Bullshit!" Yes, it is really that cold here.

But Amon Amarth is coming to town soon and that should warm things up a bit! Amon Amarth, Enslaved and Skeletonwitch. Should be a great show. I'll be at the House of Blues in Boston on 01Feb14 enjoying the show. Anyone else catching the show in Boston? Where are you seeing AA on this tour? What song(s) do you hope they perform? All I want is Warriors of the North and I'll be happy.

Stay warm brothers and sisters!

Tampa, FL - Jan 25
Ft Lauderdale, FL - Jan 26

I hope they perform some old songs, that I'm fairly sure they no longer do

e.g.
1000 years and Vict March

Not super cold in Göteborg, Sweden, rains a fucking lot though

Just got back home from the Boston show! Was a great time. The boys were in good form. Enslaved was awesome but they only did about 5 songs.

Gnoff, you are correct, the oldest song they played was Death in Fire.

Anyone have a rough estimation of the setlist? No old songs is a pretty serious turnoff, but I'm sort of considering the show on the 4th. I haven't seen them since 2010, but even in 2008 they were playing a lot of songs off TotTG and Vs the World.

Was there something wrong with the Enslaved set? 5 songs? I was excited when I saw the bill but this sounds terrible.

Anyone have a rough estimation of the setlist? No old songs is a pretty serious turnoff, but I'm sort of considering the show on the 4th. I haven't seen them since 2010, but even in 2008 they were playing a lot of songs off TotTG and Vs the World.

Was there something wrong with the Enslaved set? 5 songs? I was excited when I saw the bill but this sounds terrible.

The concert was great but it seemed to end before it began.

Show started at 6:00 pm in Boston! Skeletonwitch and Enslaved were done by 7:40 pm! The whole thing was done and I was back at my car by 9:45 pm!

Enslaved may have actually played more than 5 songs but don't forget each of their songs is usually 7+ minutes. I know they definitely played Riitiir, Ethica Odini and Allfather Odinn. I also think they played Veilburner. I had never seen Enslaved live before and I definitely left a much bigger fan than before. They were absolutely awesome.

Amon Amarth played the following, the best I can remember. I'm just breaking it down by album:

From Deceiver of the Gods:

Deceiver of the Gods
As Loke Falls
Father of the Wolf
Shape Shifter
We Shall Destroy
Warriors of the North

From Surtur Rising:

War of the Gods
Destroyer of the Universe
The Last Stand of Frej

From Twilight of the Thundergod:

Twilight of the Thundergod
Free Will Sacrifice
Guardians of Asgaard
Varyags of Miklagaard

From With Oden on Our Side:

Runes to My Memory
Cry of the Blackbirds

From Fate of Norns:

Pursuit of Vikings

From Versus the World:

Death in Fire

As usual the band was spot on and put on an outstanding show. The lack of older music being the only disappointment. I would have definitely preferred Victorious March, Thousand Years of Oppression, Across the Rainbow Bridge, Masters of War, Versus the World, Amon Amarth, Loke's Treachery Parts I & II, etc. I won't be seeing these guys again for quite some time so I'm grateful I got to go. No matter the set list, they're still the best!