IPad help?

pikachu69

mixomatic 2000
Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
I am currently searching the web but can't find much info so I thought I would ask here as you guys know all about stuff 'n' things.

The band I work for want to replace a rather old and large digital mixer used on stage to run backing tracks behind the band and also provide the drummer with a seperate send for a click. I thought about an IPad but getting two seperate feeds out for backing and click seems to be the catch.
I have found aout about a cable that alows you to plug a USB device into the IPad via the camera port so hooking up a USB interface is looking like an option but finding one that is compatible is also a struggle.
I only need to load the mixed stereo wav files on for the backing and click on this IPad, no audio recording required.
Does anyone have any experience with this?
Discuss?

Just use an 1/8th inch to stereo 1/4 cord and load the wave in iTunes or iPod apps.
Essentially you could do this with an iPod too but I guess it's a little easier to manage tracks with the big screen.

I need it to play back 2 seperate stereo files both going to different sources so I need multiple outs...
If I can connect a USB interface to the camera input (which is possible) then I thought I may be able to use a small USB interface with multi outs via some recording software. Oh well thanks for the replies so far I will keep looking round but any more ideas would be cool. I am trying to avoid using a laptop if possible as we are going for ultimate portability and as there are 8 members in the band, stage space is of concern too.

Maybe a tablet then? The problem with the iPad is that even if you manage to hookup an interface to it somehow you will still need an app to run it. Perhaps they exist I wouldn't know.
Coincidentally I am receiving my iPad sometime this week. Can't wait! :heh: