iPod - Make it play from a car radio station?

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
I drive a ford focus and while it's in good condition, my cd player decided to fuck itself in the ass and now me no have custom tunes to jam while driving, which really sucks and I had sometimes used the car system to reference the bass in some of my mixing attempts.

6 or 7 years back I was hanging with my friend and he had his ipod with him and wanted to listen to his tunes while we were going on a long drive out of state, and after I told him I didn't have any way to do it, he turned the radio on, turned on his ipod and proceeded to jam his tunes out of the car stereo. Said you could tune a station in your car stereo to receive the ipod signal.

To make a long story even longer: Do they still have this function? I'd think about getting a new CD player but I fear that medium is just dying anyway so this might be more cost efficient as well as just more efficient. Any thoughts?

AFAIK this was never an ipod function but rather the function of a third party adapter like [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Wireless-FM-transmitter/dp/B001CGXM6K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333504351&sr=8-1"]this[/ame].

There's also an adapter that goes to the antenna wire in the back of your stereo. The adapted basically coverts the antenna spot to a 3,5mm plug if i remember correctly. Cost something like 20-30

I'll eventually get my stereo upgraded, but for now I bought one of those Fm transmitters, thanks for posting that egan, I had no use for them before so I had not idea they existed. The one I got doesn't work too well in the thick of the city but it's not too bad out in the more open areas. only 15 bucks, fuck it.