OT: Anyone knows a solution for USB/HD car audio player to play FLACs?

spycam

Ruination
Sep 12, 2006
www.ruination.lt
I don't use IPOD nor i want to use it, but i would like to have my music of around 1 TB with me in my car to listen to it without need of CDs or DVDs.
Is there any solution that i could plug a car player that instead of CD/DVD has a slot of HD in it to play HD based music, or a car player that i could plug an external HD via USB connection?

My alpine head unit has both an iPod input AND a USB port for usb drives, and sounds mint.

Any particular reason why it has to be a lossless format in a really noisy environment like a car? 320/256 kbps mp3 not good enough?

edit: Also answer to your question: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-Music-Digital-Player-KHD-C710/dp/B00007GRMG[/ame]

For the 1% of addition sound quality flac provides against MP3 320kbps, you will most likely not hear the improvement in your car, or heck maybe you will. For me it's tough to hear and I can only pinpoint the differences with headphones on.

There is not currently a head unit on the market that supports FLAC. Your best bet would be get an iPod, and install rockbox custom firmware which enables FLAC playback.

You could also get a netbook, car power adapter, hook the netbook into a 1/8" aux input.

Yeah man to be honest just stick with a 320 MP3, with the noise from the road and not to mention the shitty DA in most car stereos I think it'd be a lot of investment for little return.