anyone using a pod hd with a poweramp and a cab ?

xFkx

gain induction
Mar 3, 2008
Poland
www.myspace.com
So I came into possesion of an engl 840/50 poweramp, and now i'm searching for a preamp unit..

the thing is, i'm really tempted to buy the hd 500, mainly becouse it's a very comfortable solution, it's got a tuner, wah, gate, ts simulation, presets and whatnot

I'm playing a schecter 7 with emg 707's and the music is kinda djenty/deathcore'ish so i guess the pod would fit the bil

So, anyone tried the pod hd in a live rig and is willing to describe the outcome ?

I know of plenty of people using a pod with a poweramp + cab. Don't necessarily know specifically about the HD, but I doubt it would be any different.

hehe, turned out I bought a gsp1101 for a very good price

uprgraded with the mustbebeta software (it includes a 5150 preamp sim) and it sounds decent

I used a pod pro with a marshall 9200 and a 4X12 vintage 30 avatar cab.

I replaced the pod with a gsp1101
My ryhtm tone is based on the 5150 sim and my lead tone on the mesa mark IV

I by no mean miss the pod.

You just have to tweak the gsp a little and you can get awesome tones.
GSP1101 is a great unit for the poor people!

i'll be using x3 live with a power amp and cab. other guitarist will be sharing the same pod. (im in guitar input, he goes in aux input. i get panned left, he gets panned right so we get seperate outputs for our power amps/cabs)

for some reason the x3 can process two signal chains at once quite easily! bargain for a preamp with tubescreamer, tuner, delay, verb, etc for less than 200$ per person haha.