ProTools HD running on a laptop via LightPeak (Native HD?)

Looks like you're not the only one reporting the native PT9 beta: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/532658-pro-tools-9-a.html

If this is indeed true, I'm stoked as fuck o/

yeah that's interesting. Although the original poster seems to be a total idiot I can confirm that I've heard the same from credible sources....

As far as timeline who knows. When I beta'd for 7.0 they told me it was going to be a 10-12 month process and ended up being released in less then 6 months so who knows....

Guys it was someone making a joke and he says as much in the post:

You get 24 Channels & 2 Auxes with no ADC for $1999.
The Producer Pack gets you unlimited native depending track count & ADC for$4999. 3 iLocks required.
Okay none of that was even remotely amusing.

Don't believe pricing or any details until it hits market.... Let alone when someone is clearly kidding.

Did no one read?

You get 24 Channels & 2 Auxes with no ADC for $1999.
The Producer Pack gets you unlimited native depending track count & ADC for$4999. 3 iLocks required.
Okay none of that was even remotely amusing.
No interface huh...let's see it!

Yeah, I must be crazy. Couldn't find any info about it on the net. But I could have sworn I read that somewhere; I don't mean that they would stop making DAWs but finish the Pro Tools line and work on something else. I'll try and dig up what I read ages ago, but chances are it said something completely different :(

EDIT: I give up, couldn't find what I originally read (I thought it was on this forum)

hmm, i'd get it, but to be honest, If they are making new software that won't support the older hardware (why sell it off this cheap?) this, then its pointless upgrading my 002 at the moment! Suppose I'm going to have to wait to see what they come up with before i make any commitments on new hardware!

Yeah, right now really doesn't seem like a good time do any critical upgrades. I would probably rip off my hair if I had to spec a new HD system now.