estimated cost on starting up with protools hd 1

I have the same desk as James :Spin: wish I had his monitors! hehe

Regarding the PC vs Mac debate: I've had my share of mac problems (Pc problems too). In fact when I interned at Deston with Charles Dyes they had lots of problems with their macs.

I know on the other hand my buddy Santi had several problems when running Pro Tools on his PC and was saved by Neil Kernon who brought his Macbook and simply plugged in his 002 so they could continue tracking. :lol: He's since made the switch and is very happy.

I don't think it's unusual for people to have differing experiences which is why we see different opinions but personally if I were going Pro Tools I'd stick with mac. /shrug

Charlie, your Mac scenario has already been covered in this thread.... computers at schools are going to be fucked up..... too many people who know jack about them are fooling around with them... it's a given... any negative experience with a Mac OR a PC that's in a school lab is invalid right off the bat. every computer platform ever created can and will be screwed up in a school setting.

do you actually like your desk? this is a temporary desk for me... that i've had to use for far too long now.... stepping up this year i hope... damn thing moves to much... shaking, if i bump it, i mean.; hate that.

Charlie, your Mac scenario has already been covered in this thread.... computers at schools are going to be fucked up..... too many people who know jack about them are fooling around with them... it's a given... any negative experience with a Mac OR a PC that's in a school lab is invalid right off the bat. every computer platform ever created can and will be screwed up in a school setting.

do you actually like your desk? this is a temporary desk for me... that i've had to use for far too long now.... stepping up this year i hope... damn thing moves to much... shaking, if i bump it, i mean.; hate that.

Well my scenarios also include the macs at The Gentlemen's Club (Desmond Child's studio) and my personal one, not necessarily from school. Nevertheless, as I said, I'm sure they were isolated incidents and not indicative to majority. My macbook pro has worked pretty damn good minus the fact that I get noise from my outputs when I hook up my external monitor (could be the IO) and minor Logic glitches that could be due to Ram issues. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with it and everyone I know personally that has made the switch to Mac have been very happy as well. That's why despite a couple of negative experiences here and there I recommend going Mac.

I actually really like this desk. I've had it for about 4 years now I think. It's pretty solid. Only thing I've needed to do is glue part of the siding off the bottom plane that came loose. I see what you say about the shaking now that I've intentionally bumped it haha. Yea I can see how that can get annoying :loco: