PLEASE HELP with Drums from hell sup. and protools 6.4

tempest1226

New Metal Member
Sep 17, 2006
Hey everyone. I was refered to check out this forum from someone from the petrucci forum about a problem im having. This is my situation. I have protools 6.4 LE with a digi002 surface controller and i just got this DFHS program. I downloaded everything and i cant get any kind of sound from the program and most importantly when i go into protools and i go to an insert for a plugin and go to my virtual instrum. i see my reason 3.0 and sample tank but still no DFHS. Also when i basically need help with setting paths to sounds, the pad configuration window, playing the test sequence back ( i dont even know where to do that at. protools, dfhs? When i go to the construction window and click the sample sound buttons next to the chosen individual instruments i get nothing. Even when i click on the super and sub pads i get no sound. Basically if you could help me in an explanation from start to end on what i need to do inable to set this up for use in my protools. I dont even know if its supposed to be a midi file in protools or audio or aux or what. lol. haha. -Ron Hallman

I don't think you need 7. I'm using DFH2 on Protools LE 6.9. Can't help you though. Better with music then the software sadly. :(

DFHS will not run on PT 6.9 or lower, without using ReWire. And it's also a bitch to set up the output channels, and hogs system resources a lot. In short, either get PT 7, or use DFHS in a different DAW.

ok so if i get protools 7 what is different in that then the Protools versions of the past. How do you do it if you dont use rewire (in protools 7) thanks for the responses by the way..............also on top of that question, for some reason when i click on subpads and get a good sound that i want, it doenst come out that way when i am using the midi in protools. Its like it changes volume and tone. I notice that the subpads are sensitive as in the higher you go on the pad the louder the hit. Maybe its going by themiddle of the pad when im using the samples in protools so its not the full hit. I dont know. sorry if these are stupid questions its just i never used a virtual instrument and this just so happens to be probally one of the most complex ones. lol. so forgive me if i have a lot of questions for all of you users. any help would be appreciated and thanks again.,.