estimated cost on starting up with protools hd 1

Just wanted to confirm for those that are interested that PT8 does in fact work with W7 64-bit. I couldn't however get my Music Production Toolkit to work, which really blows in terms of editing drums. Feel hard-pressed to pay $400USD just to unlock BD. Might try to downgrade to 7.4 and see whether it works.

Mine is working on Win732bit; but I have to delete the DAE Prefs each time I want to start up PTMPowered - I'm sure it'll get sorted at some point.

Just got to have enough RAM and your all good. These machines can still take like 8 gigs.

As dated as these machines seem to look, they actually still stand there own quite well in regards to native power.
i have 8 GB of ECC RAM in mine... it can take up to 16, but i'd have to change out each stick of RAM with one of double capacity. ha.... would cost way too much and i doubt i ever come close to using the 8GB i have now. yeah man, they are powerful machines still... and built like a brick shithouse.

I just tried PT7.4 on W7 64-bit and it was no go. Won't even boot up to the launcher screen. Really disappointing, I'm not sure where to go with this. Might have to buy another damn MPT just to unlock the beat splicing part of BD. Or just go back to the old fashioned way of tabbing to transient, quantizing then conforming. Still better than any other daw.

James, do you own a G5? I thought you had a Mac Pro
4 x 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5 - 8 GB DDR2 SDRAM

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Power Mac G5 Quad
Machine Model: PowerMac11,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (1.1)
Number Of CPUs: 4
CPU Speed: 2.5 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.25 GHz

Ok guys.. now 175 post into this thread..
I have yet to encounter a single post which lists Pro Tools HD 1 setup costs + links to appropriate websites :)..
Anyhow..since I'm not a protools guy I'm have no clue what's needed...
But I'm also curious what the costs are on switching to a Pro Tools HD1 setup..

If someone could list what specific digi-equipment does what and what one needs (or doesn't) you can get prices from Thomann. They have all the components in their online store.