protools and plugins

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
ok i am having a problem with my plugins i can put them on a track but the plugin window will not show up to adjust plugin and i can get plugins to work but i have to open a previous session were they worked and then create a session and i can use plugins again?????/

I deleted protools and reinstaled and i am still having this problem am i just overlooking something cause its real weired if i just turn protools on and create session i cant use plugins but like i said if i open a previous session were pkugins are on it and work, then create a session i can use plugins normaly im just real confused and this just started hapening recently :heh:

Im using digi 001 and protools 6.4

That is very odd - i know sometimes if you have two versions of waves installed on your computer that can happen as it does odd things to the DAE folders. I think you will have to speak to Digidesign as it sounds like a problem with the common dae settings/folders. I've had problems with the 001 but they all stopped when I upgraded to the 002 - check there legacy upgrade path for big big discounts on swapping your 001 for a 002 factory edition and dv toolkit.

I think the recent mailout from digidesign mentions it so it'll be in the recent news section.