digidesign's protools hd nov / dec upgrade special

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
ok so i just did the math on this one

if you buy an 003 rack (1200 dollars)
and pay the upgrade (hd2) (7000 dollars)

you spend 8200 dollars and get a package worth 15000

protools hd package: 11000
included 192 i/o: 4000 (sweetwater)

there's got to be a catch, what is it?

I doubt there is a catch. Sweetwater however also have the upgrade plan but it lists for $9,495.0.
So at least they're not that far off. Plus it's free shipping and perhaps no tax?

Edit: uh nevermind didn't calculate the 003 in there. Ya go with Digidesign on this one.

I've heard rumors of something coming to replace hd, either a new version or something entirely new, so maybe this is such a good deal now because sometime soon next year the new product is coming.

thats a really good price even if something else better comes along, i would def go for it! :D

Do you also want to buy a mac or do you stick with the windows pc ?

If you are switching to Mac make sure the HD cards fit the mainboard because of pci and pci-express....

I would bite my ass if digi releases a brand new system (better native for example) for the same money I payed for the HD system I no longer would need....

buts thats just me....

let us know how you decide

cheers

I've heard rumors of something coming to replace hd, either a new version or something entirely new, so maybe this is such a good deal now because sometime soon next year the new product is coming.

People have been saying this for a couple years. Forget about that, if you're gonna do it, just do it. There are so many studios running PTHD that even if they did come out with something new, the current hardware will still be supported and sufficient for a long time.

Joey, if you're thinking of going to PTHD - don't pass up that deal. That's less than I paid for my HD1 rig.

I remember a dealer telling me that Digi often has better deals towards the end of the year... probably no catch, they're just trying to meet quotas.

there may be something new on the horizon, and this could be their way of clearing out the existing stock of HD products

BUT...the new shit will be probably more expensive than HD is now, you won't be able to find deals on it, many people won't buy it right off the bat, and it'll probably be buggy/issue prone at first, just like it seems all that sort of stuff is upon launch

hit up the HD my man...and then lemme come over and help you set the shit up

The catch is that there is a new system on the way. Rumour is that it will be announced NAMM after that promotion ends.
It always happened when they were about to introduce a new system.

If I remember well it happened when they introduced PT 24, PT Mix, PT HD and PT HD Accel.

My opinion is that if you have the chance to buy a 003rack and then upgrade to PT HD for that price you should do it, normally it only applies to LE systems that were bought before the offer was announced.
Anyhow you could have someone you know that has a LE for sale to upgrade and then sell the HD system to you. :)

You will have a great system that will work for a lot of time, and it will have its value if you decide later on to upgrade to the evolution of PT HD Accel.

i was looking into upgrading to PT HD a few weeks ago, and found someone selling a PT HD rig because his studio closed down.

No sure if this is a good deal, but it sounds like it

-----------------------------------
THIS IS AN AMAZING PROTOOLS SYSTEM WHICH FEATURES THE FOLLOWING:

1. PROTOOLS HD ACCEL 3+ (1 CORE, 1 ACCEL CARD, 3 PROCESS CARDS, 2 UAD-1 CARDS) PT7.3
2. APPLE G5 DUAL 2GHZ/2.5 GB/250GBHD/300GBHD
3. APOGEE ROSETTA 800 192K W/PT HD CARD INSTALLED
4. MAGMA EXPANSION CHASSIS
5. SSL DUENDE CLASSIC FIREWIRE
6. INCLUDES ALL DIGI RACK PLUGINS PLUS THE FOLLOWING: ACCESS, VIRUS, INDIGO, BRUNO/RESO, D-FI, FAIRCHILD 670, FOCUSRITE D2/D3, AMP FARM, MAXIM, REVERB ONE
7. PLUS SYSTEM COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS LOADED: TASSMAN, LOUNGE LIZARD, SAMPLE TANK XL, ULTRA FOCUS, CHARLIE, BFD, TRILOGY, ATMOSPHERE, STYLUS (*THESE PROGRAMS WILL NOT BE OWNERSHIP TRANSFERRED).

*UAD CARDS DO NOT INCLUDE PLUGINS*

ALL FOR $8000.00

im looking for new.

i really want to find out if there's any catch or fine print to this deal. i wish someone on this board had gone through this process so they could tell me whats up. i have the money to do this RIGHT NOW.