iPod or Zune? I don't want either.

On a related note, can anyone please tell me why doesn't my Iriver mp3 player list all the music I have transferred to it? It shows only a handful of albums and artists. At first I thought it had something to do with improper tagging of some the files, but that's not it at all. Some of the first files I copied to it were not tagged at all and still appear and play well. Then I thought it might be the all too high bitrate of some of the mp3s; it also turned out to be false. It can handle both 256 and 128 kbps. It just that any audio files that I had copied to it after a certain period, don't show up at all(I can only view them when the player is plugged into the PC,via the removable disk drive menu)

1) Nope.

2) Honestly mine seems to freeze up periodically when I add a ton of music (maybe once every two months or so), and it's a pain in the ass to wait for the battery to drain before it'll reboot itself. I haven't seen any way to reset it in the software either. That said, I had my previous player - an iPod - freeze up periodically too. Not the biggest of my concerns.

3) Like rms said, there's the letter shortcut, but you can also hold the up/down buttons down to scroll faster, and you can hit up at the top of the list to jump to the bottom of the list.

4) Not sure. I recently tried some .m4a files on it that I'd ripped and they didn't work, which was a little irritating, but the documentation says m4a is supported, so maybe I ripped them wrong. I suspect rms is lying about "any audio" being supported, because online it lists "MP3, WMA, AAC4 (.m4A), WAV (ADPCM), Audible 2,3,4" as the supported formats.

So yeah, good questions to ask. :lol: I still like it better than my last iPod though.

Hmm... I may bite the bullet on my wanted capacity and pick on of these up.

I was looking at some of the Cowon's and the X5 60GB looked like exactly what I wanted but they seem to have discontinued it.

I've always had Archos mp3 players, they've never let me down. Both the ones I've had have lasted me years, taken a tonne of abuse and worked perfectly the entire time.

Aw hell no! The Archos is a piece of crap!! Well to be fair the last one I saw was the Gmini, and I'm sure they've made far better mp3 players by now