Apple Store is down - mmmmm new products can't wait :)

Jan 10, 2005
As it has been for as long as I can remember, the only time Apple takes the store website down for anything is to add new products. I think today they are releasing the iPod Touch with camera, and maybe even more new items. I know they have slashed prices on the existing lineup of iPods (except shuffle), prices cut from $20-$120 depending on which product.

I'm excited because I was planning on getting an iPod Touch soon, if it had a camera too then I'd be extra happy.

CNN said:
In an early-morning teaser, Apple (AAPL) has chopped $20 to $120 off the prices of most of its iPod line.

The new prices were posted only hours before a special music event at which Apple is expected to replace most if not all of its existing iPods with new models loaded with more memory and added functions, such as a camera.

Among the cuts:

* 8 GB iPod touch reduced to $189 from $229 ($40 off)
* 32 GB iPod touch reduced to $279 from $399 ($120 off)
* 16 GB iPod nano reduced to $149 from $199 ($50 off)
* 120 GB iPod classic reduced to $229 from $249 ($20 off)

The new prices are posted, without comparisons to the old, on Apple's online store. Only the iPod shuffle appears to be unaffected. It still $79 for 4 GB.

So far the coolest announced at their event today is an iPod nano with camera! Also has a feature to sync videos with iTunes and upload to YouTube directly from iTunes, really slick. Oh, and HALO has been ported to the iPod Touch haha.