New apple shit.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
iOS 4.1 out today. (er well don't know exactly when, Jobs said "today")

4.2 out in November. Adds wireless printing on the ipad as well as folders? I though ipad already had that?

New shuffle, looks kind of like a 2nd gen, but with all the nifty features of a 3rd gen. They returned the buttons.

New nano, no more scroll wheel. Features multi touch screen, is about half the size of the last nano. Still available in all the colors. Looks like a mini ipod touch (to me anyway). Clip in on upside down? Just take 2 fingers and rotate the screen so it's right side up. Fucking cool.

New ipod touch is thinner and now features the retina display. 4x the pixels of the old one. LED back lit. Front face camera and facetime over wifi.

4.2 out in November. Adds wireless printing on the ipad as well as folders? I though ipad already had that?

Nah. We are still sitting ducks with OS3.2 until November. You can have all the 4.0 features with jailbreak though, using Categories, Backgrounder, and Circuitous for quick app switching.

There is a new Apple TV too.

The new stuff looks killer. $99 for the new Apple TV? Netflix built in? Sick. Cheaper than building a Linux box to do the same. They will pwn the market.

Stop being a tool James, we've heard it from you before. We think he's a cunt, you don't, end of.

I am trolling because it's too easy. However, you're pretty much admiting he's a twat/tool/cunt/bastard, yet slating us for saying the same thing.

Yes, it's a part of business and yes it's working for him. There is still something, though, that pisses me off about Apple's release of products. I mean sure, as a business you have to be building on what works and without expanding on your products you're not going to go anywhere. But when they bring out a product, you buy it and then they change it only a couple of months later (maybe an exaggeration), it sort of feels like there was no point to begin with (and that's what makes you want the new product - of course). It just pisses me off to hear him talk about his new products the way he does - as if I need all the new features. I'm starting to think that too much is being put into the products.

I don't know. I can't put my finger on it; it just makes me roll my eyes to hear about their new products because it's nothing special anymore. It happens almost every three months.

well in that case Josh... if it's really all about them coming out with updated versions of their products too often for you to keep up... then we can call every single company that makes electronic gadgets cunts as well

Kodak does it, Cannon does it, Nikon does it, Motorola does it, LG does it, Samsung does it, Dell does it, Sony does it, etc etc etc etc etc.... there's no point at all in singling out Apple for this type of thing.

Yeah I fully know what you are saying, it's just that Apple are the ones that stand out to me. As I said, I can't put my finger on exactly WHAT it is and I completely agree with what you are saying.

I'm not a troll. I'm trolling. But I'm not a troll.

I don't thing many other ceo's are followed, published and televised as much as Jobs, hence why he gets called a cunt so much. I'm sure if we all saw the ceo of digidesign every 3 months we'd think he's a cunt, but no one really knows who he is. Who even is the ceo of microsoft anyway?

Anyway \trolling.

i know what "it" is Josh... "it" is that it's "cool" to hate on Apple. they aren't worse than anyone else really... and that's why you can't put your finger on it. they are more visible perhaps, but that's not their fault... that's the "fault" of everyone who buys their products.

:lol:

I dont understand coming in a thread and being a douche automatically. If you do not like a product, a person or whatever, stay the fuck out. It is pretty simple.

That's even more funny, a) because of the image of Ronald McDonald holding a gun to my head to make me purchase a big mac... b) because it's not even related.

I'm well aware of the concept of an analogy, but no ones talking about jobs stuffing shit down anyones throat. All I'm saying is that he is very publicised. You won't argue with that. Because he's a ceo, he is a cunt just like every other ceo. You won't argue with that. Because he is very publicised, it is very easy to see that he's a cunt, and therefore he gets a lot of stick for, you guessed it, being a cunt. That's what I think Josh can't put his finger on, I'm pretty sure he's not trying to be cool by hating on a ceo of a multinational over a metal forum, last time I checked that kinda shit doesn't get you laid.

I think James should be the next Apple CEO, so we all know what to expect and every question at a keynote speech can be prefaced with the same passive aggressive qualifiers "James, you're a great guitarist.... but..." :cool:

Being a prick isn't a bad thing, you have to be overzealous about the things that you give a shit about, otherwise who else will, that's why these people get these jobs. And as you were saying earlier we can characterise assertiveness and being forthright amongst the definitions of these people we call "pricks" and these certainly aren't bad traits.

The second sentence was more a critique of these build em up knock em down comments that seem to be in use every time someone wants to argue with you, although not particularly evident here, I just find it funny cos if someone is gonna go for the jugular they should do just that and not fanny around.

And yeah, I like throwing your curve-balls because I know you can play em, you've got character and I actually don't dislike you as much as you probably think I do.

Yes, it's a part of business and yes it's working for him. There is still something, though, that pisses me off about Apple's release of products. I mean sure, as a business you have to be building on what works and without expanding on your products you're not going to go anywhere. But when they bring out a product, you buy it and then they change it only a couple of months later (maybe an exaggeration), it sort of feels like there was no point to begin with (and that's what makes you want the new product - of course). It just pisses me off to hear him talk about his new products the way he does - as if I need all the new features. I'm starting to think that too much is being put into the products.

I don't know. I can't put my finger on it; it just makes me roll my eyes to hear about their new products because it's nothing special anymore. It happens almost every three months.

Yeah I fully know what you are saying, it's just that Apple are the ones that stand out to me. As I said, I can't put my finger on exactly WHAT it is and I completely agree with what you are saying.

I don't thing many other ceo's are followed, published and televised as much as Jobs, hence why he gets called a cunt so much. I'm sure if we all saw the ceo of digidesign every 3 months we'd think he's a cunt, but no one really knows who he is. Who even is the ceo of microsoft anyway?

I'm well aware of the concept of an analogy, but no ones talking about jobs stuffing shit down anyones throat. All I'm saying is that he is very publicised. You won't argue with that. Because he's a ceo, he is a cunt just like every other ceo. You won't argue with that. Because he is very publicised, it is very easy to see that he's a cunt, and therefore he gets a lot of stick for, you guessed it, being a cunt. That's what I think Josh can't put his finger on, I'm pretty sure he's not trying to be cool by hating on a ceo of a multinational over a metal forum, last time I checked that kinda shit doesn't get you laid.

So... just so I'm perfectly clear here... you guys are hating on Apple because they are popular (in the media/news/etc.), the CEO is a cunt and they come out with new versions of their products too often?

:lol: if that is correct. I'm sorry but these arguments/reasons are fucking stupid. Just stupid. What is the point? Who gives a flying fuck about those things?

Haters gonna hate though, right? :rolleyes: