Iron Maiden 2011 Tour

speedy1383

Sep 22, 2005
I just saw this today. Maiden is making 2 stops in Florida in April. April 16th in Sunrise and April 17th in Tampa. I know there are some FL fans on here. I remember complaining a few months ago that they bypassed the whole Southeast in their completed tour. Well this shut me up. I honestly don't remember the last time they have visited the TB area. This is great news indeed. Thought it would brighten some people's days. Up the irons!

I saw this earlier today too. Definitely good news for the FL folks. Hopefully they do a full blown US tour later in the year (with a stop in AZ of course!)

I think the Florida date last year was kind of a fluke. It was a bit of an add on so to speak. I just hope this Florida trend continues in the coming years.

They played Florida last year :p It ain't that unusual anymore :p

Yes, it is unusual. The show they played here last year was the first time they had played in Florida in like 16 years. You read that right.

I thought we were back on their tour itinerary, but the tour earlier this year came nowhere near Florida. Here's to hoping they come down south more often.

And what's with all the talk about this being Maiden's last tour? How many times are they going to say that? And why would Maiden stop touring anytime soon? I don't get it.

Nicko lives in Florida.
That has been their US "homebase" for the past few years.

Another reason I don't understand why they don't play here more often.

P.S. If you are ever down that way, don't forget to stop by his restaurant Rock N Roll Ribs in Coral Springs.

Might take a road trip down to Tampa. Problem is hotels though. Atlanta I just stay at my friends place so all expenses are festival/food related. Anyone know what tickets will cost? I might split the costs with my friend (he gets hotel, i get tickets, for example)

Might take a road trip down to Tampa. Problem is hotels though. Atlanta I just stay at my friends place so all expenses are festival/food related.

There are probably 8 million hotels in Tampa Bay, and in April prices should be low. You should be able to get a decent place for 50 bucks at that time.

By the way... I already have 2 floor tickets secured. He He

The floor is general admission right? I haven't bothered to look yet.

I haven't seen but probably no. The last show I attended at the Forum with floor seats was Judas Priest and I had an assigned spot. The punters were dicks as well as they came up and poked you if you strayed 3 feet from where you were supposed to be...