Iron Maiden at The Forum - 19th Feb 2008

It was awesome to see Aja and Linda after the show in the parking
lot. Yesterday was like a big feast for all Maiden fans all around the
world. It was like a gathering. I can't describe how amazing
eveything was. I can't wait for the second and third legs.

What made the night even more great was
Lars' presence. From I heard he airdrummed all the songs. When 2 of the
bands I'm die hard fan of intersect I'm so happy. Scott Ian was there and he
wrote a great review already which I'll share with you.:
-----------------------
I lost my voice at the Maiden show last night so the video-blog of the day is gonna have to wait.
Maiden were amazing. They were on fire and the audience reacted in a way that I haven't seen in LA in forever. The LA Forum was more akin to a sold-out show in Europe than the usual seen it/done it bored LA audience. The crowd was singing everything. And not just the words, the melodies as well. The energy in the room never waned and Maiden kept delivering knock-out blows. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner was my favorite song of the set. Lars leaned over to me and said the great thing about Rime is that we never have to worry about if our songs are too long!! The rabid crowd ate up all 12 minutes of it.
I was at the sound-board with Lars and we were 21 again singing every word. I have been going to Maiden shows since they opened for Judas Priest in 1981. Anthrax has played over 100 shows with them. What I'm saying is, I've seen a lot of fucking Maiden shows and last night was a special one. The band is at the top of their game, arguably better now than ever. [Steve Harris, whose unwavering vision for his band has carried them in to that rarified air that only a few bands ever get to breathe, is an icon and an inspiration as a musician and a person. Ever the gentleman, and at the same time the embodiment of all that is metal. And Bruce, holy crap, what can I say? The "air-raid siren" nickname still holds true. He hits every note. Every fucking note. Not an easy task even if he was just standing there concentrating on the vocals. Fuck that. The man rules that stage like Wolverine in a fight. He must log as many miles onstage as he does flying the Maiden jet!! It just goes to show how full of shit all these acts are that run backing tracks because they can't sing and move (or god-forbid dance) at the same time. I was completely blown away by Bruce and can comfortably say he is the best frontman alive. He showed me last night. Dave (let's play poker buddy!), Adrian and Jannick were ripping (i loved when there were 3 Strats onstage) and the triple harmonies were perfect.
I'm still buzzing from the show and I'm going to crank Powerslave as soon as I finish this. Lucky for the rest of the U.S that they're coming back in May and June for a full tour (i am officially submitting Anthrax for the opening slot!!!). I'm jealous of my friends in NJ that get to see them in a few weeks. Wear your diapers because you're going to crap your pants.
Was last night the re-birth of metal in LA? It's like KNAC never went away.
Up the Irons!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Scott

-------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't be said better!!!!!!!!

Some pictures I took from the rail. We were there with nadir. Very low quality.
ea038ca9d87f.jpg

0919afccf99d.jpg

d45e1e31c52d.jpg

9f3ee6cc015d.jpg

9b72cf01c1d1.jpg

d6822d3d9f5c.jpg

Rime 6 secs of fog section

My friend nadir flew with Arch Magician in the plane I guess.
It's very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
bands I'm die hard fan of intersect I'm so happy. .

Hopefully Lars learned a few things by watching Iron Maiden. Seeing a band that sold out the forum without selling themselves out and without any radio play in the states. Iron Maiden has one thing Lars and his boys lost a long time ago INTEGRITY.

UP THE IRONS

I don't want to start a big argument here but I feel
you are totally wrong about that. Metallica never lost
their integrity. They have been always open and straight about
what they feel. There might be different periods in their
lives. What they created is something amazing and nothing
can damage that.

Maiden is an exception, it's all about Steve's vision. We are
garteful for that.

It was awesome to see Aja and Linda after the show in the parking
lot. Yesterday was like a big feast for all Maiden fans all around the
world. It was like a gathering. I can't describe how amazing
eveything was. I can't wait for the second and third legs.

bands I'm die hard fan of intersect I'm so happy. Scott Ian was there and he
wrote a great review already which I'll share with you.:
-----------------------
I lost my voice at the Maiden show last night so the video-blog of the day is gonna have to wait.
Maiden were amazing. They were on fire and the audience reacted in a way that I haven't seen in LA in forever. The LA Forum was more akin to a sold-out show in Europe than the usual seen it/done it bored LA audience. The crowd was singing everything. And not just the words, the melodies as well. The energy in the room never waned and Maiden kept delivering knock-out blows. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner was my favorite song of the set. Lars leaned over to me and said the great thing about Rime is that we never have to worry about if our songs are too long!! The rabid crowd ate up all 12 minutes of it.
I was at the sound-board with Lars and we were 21 again singing every word. I have been going to Maiden shows since they opened for Judas Priest in 1981. Anthrax has played over 100 shows with them. What I'm saying is, I've seen a lot of fucking Maiden shows and last night was a special one. The band is at the top of their game, arguably better now than ever. [Steve Harris, whose unwavering vision for his band has carried them in to that rarified air that only a few bands ever get to breathe, is an icon and an inspiration as a musician and a person. Ever the gentleman, and at the same time the embodiment of all that is metal. And Bruce, holy crap, what can I say? The "air-raid siren" nickname still holds true. He hits every note. Every fucking note. Not an easy task even if he was just standing there concentrating on the vocals. Fuck that. The man rules that stage like Wolverine in a fight. He must log as many miles onstage as he does flying the Maiden jet!! It just goes to show how full of shit all these acts are that run backing tracks because they can't sing and move (or god-forbid dance) at the same time. I was completely blown away by Bruce and can comfortably say he is the best frontman alive. He showed me last night. Dave (let's play poker buddy!), Adrian and Jannick were ripping (i loved when there were 3 Strats onstage) and the triple harmonies were perfect.
I'm still buzzing from the show and I'm going to crank Powerslave as soon as I finish this. Lucky for the rest of the U.S that they're coming back in May and June for a full tour (i am officially submitting Anthrax for the opening slot!!!). I'm jealous of my friends in NJ that get to see them in a few weeks. "Wear your diapers because you're going to crap your pants."

It was good to see you too, Asterothe!
You looked like you were totally drained and pumped up at the same time! :lol:
Fantastic review of the show! :headbang:

Aja - The more the crowd moves about, the easier it is to get to the front most definately!!!
Yea it was really intense- and since I'm not very tall I just let the crowd lift my feet off the ground and rolled through! I was practically swimming. It was great! Been a while since I've been on the floor for a big concert! :lol:

That girl must have been so chuffed, I would loved to have seen it!! I bet she was singing along to every word!! :kickass:

She was maybe 5 yrs old at the most - soooo cute!!! I thought it was such a classy and sweet gesture.

Yea it was really intense- and since I'm not very tall I just let the crowd lift my feet off the ground and rolled through! I was practically swimming. It was great! Been a while since I've been on the floor for a big concert! :lol:

She was maybe 5 yrs old at the most - soooo cute!!! I thought it was such a classy and sweet gesture.

I love being in the thick of the crowd when the Fear or Hallowed kicks in with everyone jumping in time. It's SO much fun!!

Brilliant!! That was very cool of him!! 'Arry rules!!! :kickass:

Iron Maiden shows no rust at Forum
The band turns the way-back machine to vintage year 1985 for its monumental stage set.

By Greg Burk, Special to The Times

You can never accuse Iron Maiden of wimping out. The three-decade English rock institution proved that Tuesday night at the Forum.

Singer Bruce Dickinson has been personally piloting the band's own jumbo jet around the world, which some would have considered heavy metal enough.

But as a smooch to old fans (and to a ponderable throng of young conscripts), Maiden has also been revisiting its blowout stage fabulation from the golden metal year 1985: a series of Egyptian-themed backdrops -- monumental structures DeMilled with hieroglyphics and sarcophagi -- and face-scorching pyro.

There's some music too. Though these old rotters have exhibited considerable songwriting vigor since Dickinson's 2000 return from a six-year solo defection, for this tour they're mostly sticking to the vintage set list and its reliable themes of violence, apocalypse and violent apocalypse.

The gonzo L.A. fans pumped fists to "The Trooper," which rang with the distinctive lead-guitar trio harmonies of Adrian Smith (grayin' and ragin'), Dave Murray (lit up and slick) and Janick Gers (a pose for all seasons). From 1982, "Number of the Beast" veered close to punk churn.

The pinging bathos of "Wasted Years" (1986) and the devilishly hooky chorus of "Can I Play With Madness" (1988) broke the '85 barrier; the epic "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and the pounding "Revelations" offered relief from the persistent galloping rhythms of drummer Nicko McBrain and bassist Steve Harris. Blues roots were banished -- supercharged Saxon folk is what these warriors do, and in a world where the West is cowering, the rafter-stacked audience found cause for triumphal revelry. A couple of dozen even got to whoa-oh along onstage.

Dickinson, shorn of his barbarian locks long ago, blinded the unwary with his mirror-shard pants and scampered athletically while busting out with the vibrato-laden bellow you either love or hate. He could hardly be upstaged even when stage smoke billowed, sarcophag-eyes glowed, and a 20-foot robotic manifestation of Eddie, the band's skeleton mascot, got fitted with a Lakers jersey -- a gesture to which Dickinson objected as being unmetal.

Fans who missed the spectacle can explode their televisions with "Live After Death," the feature-packed new DVD of Maiden's '85 Long Beach show. And tickets go on sale March 1 for a bigger Maiden production launching at the end of May.