Iron Maiden @ Irvine 8/24 - Tickets on sale THIS SATURDAY!!!

SuperKirk

Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Hey So Cal Maiden fans, tickets for the Iron Maiden / Dio / Motorhead show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater on 08/24/03 go on sale this Saturday 5/31.
headbob.gif
You have been warned.

I heard an ad for the Maiden show at Irvine Meadows this morning. It looks like the band won't be doing that Long Beach show unless Irvine sells out in minutes.

And, it's not KROQ. It's FUCKROQ ! Please make a note of it.

I went to get tix today...
there were just two of us in line for Maiden, the rest for Weenie Roast. The other person there for Maiden was sold tix for Weenie Roast by mistake, and the stupid people at Tower couldn't figure out how to fix it.
Sooooo I got to the front of the counter, and had these people known how to do their job, I would have been in the orchestra... but because they suck... I got tix for loge 4 about 11 rows up

ah well... at least I'll be there

Keyser Soze said:
I went to get tix today...
there were just two of us in line for Maiden, the rest for Weenie Roast. The other person there for Maiden was sold tix for Weenie Roast by mistake, and the stupid people at Tower couldn't figure out how to fix it.
Sooooo I got to the front of the counter, and had these people known how to do their job, I would have been in the orchestra... but because they suck... I got tix for loge 4 about 11 rows up

ah well... at least I'll be there

Po Keyser, you went to the wrong Tower. My friend Irene works at the one in Tustin, and usually does the Saturday onsales. FOrtunately, KFUCK tickets didn't go onsale until noon, so there was no problem.

There was a line of about 30 for tickets, mostly Maiden, though some people were there for Duran Duran tickets and Alabama, as well. ( :erk: Alabama are still around? Yeesh!) Fortunately, I was close to the head of the line, but stuck behind some twits who couldn't figure out where they wanted to sit, but since I only bought one ticket, I still managed to get an orchestra seat at 10 a.m. :D Now, I've gotta ask for more time off in August. :ill:

smylex said:
There was a line of about 30 for tickets, mostly Maiden, though some people were there for Duran Duran tickets and Alabama, as well. ( :erk: Alabama are still around? Yeesh!)

Yes, and Alabama still has a restaurant in the Opry Mills Mall in Nashville. I walk by the place when I catch movies at Opry Mills.

The Nascar Driving Simulator is pretty cool to watch too. There are big screens facing out into the mall hallway where you can watch footage of the current race.

Hey -
If anyone is planning to go to the Irvine show and doesn't have a ticket yet... I just got a good loge seat at the Irvine Meadows box office. It was open for the Pearl Jam show so I went down at around 9pm, parked across the street and walked over to the box office. Sure beats dealing with Tower Records :dopey:. There's another PJ show tomorrow (June 3) so if anyone else wants to try the same. Other than that you can try going the day of the show, sometimes season ticket holder seats open up.

Loge 5 row EE 513...? in the center anyway. Much better than I expected to get.

I'd actually much rather have these seats than be in Orchestra and way off to the side. The way Irvine is set up, if you get seated there your hearing is tweaked in one ear. :yow:

good seats sold out quickly, i woke up at 9:59 AM went to ticketmaster.com, and did a search for best seats available for 2... result was log 3 or something, i went back and searched for best seat for 1 person, i got the orchestra row 5 and bought it, then went back to get tickets for my buddy and the search came up as log 2 mm. so i called my buddy told him that he's just gonna have to jump down to the orchestra. wich brings me to my question, i bought tickest at 10:00:01 AM and i couldent get 2 tickets for orchestra, sooo whoo the fucck is getting these tickets before the date of sale?

Tickets for this show went on sale online the Tuesday before the general public onsale, so some amount of tickets had already been sold. Further, the season ticket holders will be notified of the show and will be given first shot for their seats and the same for the corporate sponsors of Irvine Meadows. I don't know what radio station is presenting the show, but if there is one or more, they will also get tickets for the show to give away in contests or to their employees. If any of the above seats aren't claimed, then those tickets will be sold, usually at the box office or at TicketMaster up to, and including, the day of the show. :Spin: