Iron Maiden on NBC over the weekend.

RuntoHills

Lightside of Aquarius
Yeah, it was on some boring stupid Halloween ice skating show thing on NBC on this past Sunday Afternoon when football was on all the other stations.

I was flipping through the channels during a commerical of The Colts and Panthers game this past Sunday Afternoon, and I came across NBC, and this ice skater guy was ice skating to "Fear of the Dark title song" from Maiden on NBC National TV.

He did not play the song all the way through, but the part that Blaze Bailey sings at the beginning of the original song "I am a man who walks alone" part, and when the music really kicks in at the "have you ever been alone at night" part, and went through the chorus, and after the chorus, it went straight to the end of the song.

So, from a 8 minute song to about a 2 or 3 minute song. But hey, Maiden was played on National TV for a few minutes.

Usually, I think that ice skating is so super boring and worthless to watch, but if they play Maiden on National TV, keep doing all those flips and twirls on the ice all you want. :headbang:

On the CD called "Fear of the Dark" from Iron Maiden, listen to the last song on there called "Fear of the Dark".

At the beginning of the song, during the slow part, listen to who is singing there. It will not sound like Bruce Bruce.

That is Blaze singing that.

Then go back and listen to something off of "X Factor" CD, "Virus" song, or "Virtural XI" CD with Blaze singing, and you will make the connection.

Blaze sings the slow part at the very beginning on the original song. Bruce Bruce sings the fast part to the end of that song.

"I am a man who walks alone, or when I am walking a dark road. At night or strolling through the park. When the light begins to change. I sometimes feel a little strange. A little anixous when it's dark. Fear of the dark. Fear of the dark. I have a constant fear that something is always near. Fear of the dark. Fear of the dark. I have a phobia. Someone's always there." (The slow beginning part of the song).

That right there on the original song is sang by Blaze.

Bruce Bruce comes in on that same song at: "Have you ever been alone at night" to the end of the song.

Blaze sings the slow part at the very beginning on the original song. Bruce Bruce sings the fast part to the end of that song.

"I am a man who walks alone, or when I am walking a dark road. At night or strolling through the park. When the light begins to change. I sometimes feel a little strange. A little anixous when it's dark. Fear of the dark. Fear of the dark. I have a constant fear that something is always near. Fear of the dark. Fear of the dark. I have a phobia. Someone's always there." (The slow beginning part of the song).

Bruce Bruce comes in on that same song at: "Have you ever been alone at night" to the end of the song.

If indeed it is Blaze singing there, I cant find anywhere he is credited with it.

On the CD called "Fear of the Dark" from Iron Maiden, listen to the last song on there called "Fear of the Dark".
At the beginning of the song, during the slow part, listen to who is singing there. It will not sound like Bruce Bruce.

I assuming from your avatar that you're a big Bruce fan.Me too.I can surely recognize his voice anywhere,and believe me,this is Bruce on that aforementioned few lines.And I'm 1000% positive on that,I listened to it VERY carefully,and twice today morning,I have no doubt that this is Bruce! I admit it,that from the second sentence,his voice are VERY SIMILAR to Blaze's voice but I can clearly hear that this is indeed Bruce.Listen to the VERY first sentence CAREFULLY,and you will recognize it too!

BTW...if any bands ever had a guest musician or singer featured on their CD,they HAVE to put his/her name on the cover,it's required by copyright laws,and on the FOTD cover you can't find Blaze's name NOWHERE! So,trust me it's Bruce!

Problem solved,case closed! Listen to the song,if you don't have hearing problems,you'll agree! :heh:

Come to think of it,we could make a never ending debate on this subject on the official Maiden forum! But it's sure as hell I'm not gonna do that!!! :lol:

You are kidding right??? o_O Why on earth would they get Blaze to sing on the song when Bruce was still in the band? And why do you keep calling him Bruce Bruce? That's not his name or even his stage name anymore.

Yeah, it was on some boring stupid Halloween ice skating show thing on NBC on this past Sunday Afternoon when football was on all the other stations.

I was flipping through the channels during a commerical of The Colts and Panthers game this past Sunday Afternoon, and I came across NBC, and this ice skater guy was ice skating to "Fear of the Dark title song" from Maiden on NBC National TV.

He did not play the song all the way through, but the part that Blaze Bailey sings at the beginning of the original song "I am a man who walks alone" part, and when the music really kicks in at the "have you ever been alone at night" part, and went through the chorus, and after the chorus, it went straight to the end of the song.

So, from a 8 minute song to about a 2 or 3 minute song. But hey, Maiden was played on National TV for a few minutes.

Usually, I think that ice skating is so super boring and worthless to watch, but if they play Maiden on National TV, keep doing all those flips and twirls on the ice all you want. :headbang:

sorry its not