Band on Next Great American Band plays Iron Maiden.

RuntoHills

Lightside of Aquarius
Yep, it was the brand new show The Next Great American Band that came on for the first time on Fox tonight on Friday Night.

Some unheard of band from Califorina of 12 and 13 year old kids called "The Lords of Doom" or something like that, came up on stage and played "Flight of Icarus" from Maiden almost near perfect.

It was amazing to see a small little kid playing the solo of that song on the same level as Adrian Smith (H).

Also, it was nice to see something Maiden FINALLY on National American TV for the first time in who knows when.

The band did not play the whole song all the way through, but when I heard "When the sun breaks above the ground, an old man stands on the hill" I KNEW that it was Maiden that was being played.

Yeah, Light Of Doom they're called. I thought that 12 yr old drummer was pretty damn good...Just think of what they'll be like in 3-4 years.

Its good to see all these kids around the ages of 12-13 embracing classic metal...We lost a whole generation of kids to Hip-Hop/Rap and poptart crap, so its about time this comes back full circle.

:headbang:

I was actually surprised by the group of pre-teens. They performed very well. However, I was hoping they'd have played something original. I thought the best bands were the folk country ones-especially the one in which the judges asked them to play a second song and they played a quick cover of Like a Virgin. I thought that was musically sharp and very witty at the same time!

I took a glance at their myspace page. Light of Doom, or whatever they are called, and they got all kinds of good comments on there for their guitar playing, and for their overall look, and for playing Maiden.

A lot of people found out about this band from them being on that show.

I thought they were just.... adorable!!! :p Great showmanship and playing/singing for ones so young.

I listened to their studio version of Icarus and thought the singer sounded like he was also greatly influenced by Paul as well - you can hear it in the nuances. :cool:

i see this i watch more 7 time i check all note to original iron maiden to me i very happy to see
this kids have more 100% music actitud to play they can jam to The Iron Maidens and Iron Maiden!!!!

:))))

: