IRON MAIDEN TO CO-HEADLINE OZZFEST 2005

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
FUCK N' A RIGHT! Iron Maiden will co-headline this years Ozzfest with Black Sabbath.

Can't wait to see Iron Maiden show the 20 - 30 thousand people at each show how a Metal show is supposed to be! Show all these nu metal kids how a real heavy metal band does it! I can't even wait!

ironmaidenfan09 said:
FUCK N' A RIGHT! Iron Maiden will co-headline this years Ozzfest with Black Sabbath. Also joining Iron Maiden on the main stage will be Anthrax with classic era vocalist Joey Belladona!

Can't wait to see Iron Maiden show the 20 - 30 thousand people at each show how a Metal show is supposed to be! Show all these nu metal kids how a real heavy metal band does it! I can't even wait! Not to mention seeing Anthrax with Joey again will kick some fuckin ass!

Cool. I always thought a festival type atmosphere would be perfect for Maiden. Glad it's finally going to happen. Don't sit in a grassy area if you can help it. I was there the last time I went to Ozzfest and people were burning blankets, having bonfires, etc., The air became black with smoke and it was hard to breathe..let alone see anything. I think I'll be in the seat area this time.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Also joining Iron Maiden on the main stage will be Anthrax with classic era vocalist Joey Belladona!

I really hope that's not true as it would be sooooo disrespectful to John!!! I mean, what's gonna happened to him??? If it is true, I hope he tells the rest of them to get fucked! I love Joey's voice and all but that would be like Maiden saying to Bruce, "Sorry, we want to bring back Paul/Blaze for this huge gig - you can come back later on!"

Metallicat180 said:
I really hope that's not true as it would be sooooo disrespectful to John!!! I mean, what's gonna happened to him??? If it is true, I hope he tells the rest of them to get fucked! I love Joey's voice and all but that would be like Maiden saying to Bruce, "Sorry, we want to bring back Paul/Blaze for this huge gig - you can come back later on!"

Sorry but I prefer Joey's voice.John can't hit the high notes that the old school tunes call for.Why they choose him I have no idea.When they had Joey they had more of an identity.

Sabbathking said:
Sorry but I prefer Joey's voice.John can't hit the high notes that the old school tunes call for.Why they choose him I have no idea.When they had Joey they had more of an identity.

I prefer Joey's voice, but I think it would be totally unfair of them to kick John out for what seems like one gig. John is a great singer tho - The Greater Of Two Evils is proof of that, but I do prefer Joey's originals.

John's a much better singer than Joey. I don't care about range, I care about attitude, and John's a much better fit with 'Thrax, he has the right attitude. I'm sure the guys are rejoining with Joey because the money is right. But I'm also sure this is a one off thing, and they'll be back with John soon. Besides, I bet JOhn wants a break since he and his wife had a child a few months back.... John's also a heck of a lot nicer than Joey.. met him twice, he's a sweetie.
Anyway... I second Steph's thought... I'm definitely ponying up the cash for the seats... 'cause the lawn sucks!

Well Ozzfest.com has nothing listed. And I heard that Joey is doing some special European gigs, not the North American shows.

So, I'm holding off my enthusiasm until official word comes down.

Ozzfest does not having anything listed on Anthrax because they are not on the bill as of yet, they are tentative. From what I know Sharon Osbourne wants Anthrax on board only if Joey Belladonna will sing with them, meaning if he's not involved she doesn't want them there, that is why Anthrax has been snubbed ever since Ozzfest began. This year is different. It seems that Sharon might get her wish this year at Ozzfest. Joey Belladonna has been asked and would sing his classic material, and John Bush would play the newer material. Both will sing!! That means Sharon is happy, Anthrax is happy, and if thats the case I'm happy too because Anthrax deserves to be there and is WAY overdue. Let's hope this comes to reality because I want to see this happen!! By the ways, the lawn IS crazy, ever since I was at the 1st Ozzfest I looked back towards the lawn area and it was freaking wild up there, I thought I was seeing a scene out of Escape From New York!! Anyways, horns up! :cool:

HobbesDawg said:
Just curious, but where and what do you base your info on of Maiden being on Ozzfest?

Nothing yet on the Ozzfest site or Iron Maiden's website yet to make it official, though it seems there's a huge buzz about it!
Check this link:
http://www.hardradio.com

Right now I'm just hoping hard it'll happen. Ozzfest would be perfect for an Early Days tour and a great way for so many hungry Maiden fans who can't pick up and go to Europe to get to see the band they love!!! Plus all the new young fans who will get a chance to see the Masters at work. :headbang:

I just checked something, seems like Anthrax is gonna pull a rabbit out of the bag! They will possibly have the "Among the Living Lineup" at Ozzfest!! Not only is Joey Belladonna slated to sing, but Dan Spitz and Frank Bello will join them in a reunion!!?? Oh WOW, if this turns out to be true I'm gonna faint, get me the smelling salts... I hope this is not one of those only in Europe things. Iron Maiden as well as the original Anthrax?? Oh, this better be true.
:OMG:

To add more rumor, Megadeth might join Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Black Label Society on the main stage of Ozzfest. Or so I've read elsewhere.

robbobrob said:
To add more rumor, Megadeth might join Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Black Label Society on the main stage of Ozzfest. Or so I've read elsewhere.

Yeah I heard that rumor as well. Its almost a given BLS will be on main stage Zakk Wylde can do what ever he wants on that tour. I personally am not a huge fan of BLS. Seems everytime I tell someone that they get angry and defensive but I just don't see the big deal about them. Just sounds like a weird version of Ozzy's No more Tears album...

Megadeth would be cool if they busted out only the classics. I heard they might be bringing back Marty Friedman for the OZzfest dates. Best Megadeth show I ever saw was when they played on the Clash of the Titans tour with SLayer and Anthrax.

None the less this would be a great tour for the old school metal fans and it will be a great place to show the young metal kids how the old school does it and show them that all the new bands they like are nothing more than rip offs of all the classic metal bands... Ok I know I am sounding old now :)

I hope they do something special for Dimebag Darrel on this tour. He was the best metal guitar player, and Pantera was the best metal band since Metallica IMO.

that is too damn awsome!!!!!!!! :OMG: I gotta I went last when slayer was doing it and I will not disaponted this year either I must get tickets to this show this is gonna rock :headbang: :headbang:

Air Raid Siren said:
Nothing yet on the Ozzfest site or Iron Maiden's website yet to make it official, though it seems there's a huge buzz about it!
Check this link:
http://www.hardradio.com

Right now I'm just hoping hard it'll happen. Ozzfest would be perfect for an Early Days tour and a great way for so many hungry Maiden fans who can't pick up and go to Europe to get to see the band they love!!! Plus all the new young fans who will get a chance to see the Masters at work. :headbang:

Would be amazing if it happend tho. Harken back to the old days of the GOOD Monsters of Rock tour. If they hit the bill I'm road trippin wherever I gota. Las Vegas, Denver, or even to San Diego if I gota.

Hope all is well with you and your's Aja! Nice to see ya posting.

-Hobbes

ironmaidenfan09 said:
None the less this would be a great tour for the old school metal fans and it will be a great place to show the young metal kids how the old school does it and show them that all the new bands they like are nothing more than rip offs of all the classic metal bands... Ok I know I am sounding old now :).

You know it! Don't worry, metal heads get better with age. We're around to show the yung 'ens how it's done!! I tell my kids that all the time. They're like, oh mom, and I say oh mom nothing, there is hardly any original music out there. Everyone's a biter and a 3-chord wannabe.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
I hope they do something special for Dimebag Darrel on this tour. He was the best metal guitar player, and Pantera was the best metal band since Metallica IMO.

Pantera is my all-time favorite band and it was heartbreaking to have lost Darrell. I hope they play tribute to them too. They rule for eternity, just like Sabbath and Maiden!!!! :worship: :worship:

HobbesDawg said:
Would be amazing if it happend tho. Harken back to the old days of the GOOD Monsters of Rock tour. If they hit the bill I'm road trippin wherever I gota. Las Vegas, Denver, or even to San Diego if I gota.

Hope all is well with you and your's Aja! Nice to see ya posting.

-Hobbes

Thanks Hobbesy! :wave: All's well here in LaLa Land!
Welcome back to the boards, yourself, my friend. It's been a while! Yea, I'd really love to see this show, keeping fingers crossed that it'll happen!!