Maiden to Headline Ozzfest

This is awesome news. This has the potential to be the biggest and best Ozzfest yet. It looks like Anthrax, Maiden, and Sabbath will be the follow up to last years Slayer, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath 1-2-3 punch. Though I would like to see Anthrax dropped a slot or two on the main stage and sign Megadeth for Ozzfest. Now that would be fucking heavy.

As far as the overseas bands go... they've done Cradle of Filth, they've done Dimmu Borgir, they've done Lacuna Coil... it's time to give power metal a shot. Ozzy and Sharon can't be that dumb and must know somehow there is an interest for this stuff. I would not be suprised to see Children of Bodom on board this year as they have getting really big in America and they last toured with Ozzfest-ish bands like Lamb of God and Fear Factory.

Nightwish anyone? Lacuna Coil went over well last year. Nightwish can go over even bigger and better. Maybe this is the real reason they postoned their US tour to pick up right around the time Ozzfest would be ending???

Edguy... come on! This is true heavy metal and its fun and the kids would totally dig it. Would be a perfect band to bring over.

Behemoth and Decapitated. Ozzfest needs death metal! What better way to bring it than have the two Polish titans here.

As far as US bands go... MORBID ANGEL can open the mainstage stage and open the way for what could be Anthrax, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and Black Sabbath. They are back with David Vincent, they are kicking ass again, it would be perfect.

Black Dahlia Murder would also be good on the second stage.

Screw Ozzfest! They have all these crappy screamo pussies and crappy wannabe death metal/nu metal. They only have one black metal influenced band a year since 2003. I am guessing they will get Behemoth, Anorexia Nervosa, or they will just get CoF again

I still won't believe this until it's official. I wouldn't expect anything but metalcore headlining Ozzfest. This is just such a huge jump out of continuity from looking at past lineups. And I thought Iron Maiden had some big issues with the "pop-metal" scene in the US.....

Last year the headliners were Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Slayer. I don't think thats "metalcore". I'm still pissed I didn't get to see it! :bah:

I'd like to go if only for Maiden, but they skipped Atlanta last time (due to, err, venue issues), and I might not be able to travel for it this year either.

Would have liked to see Dimmu and the rest last year, but oh well. I did make it down in 2003 for just a few hours (thank ghu for a free pass), and the bands I saw on the side-stage were all great, particularly Killswitch Engage and, of course, Cradle of Filth.

Anorexia Nervosa on Ozzfest? Nahh, I can't see it......but one Stephan Forte would be happy to see that. \m/