Is anyone else finding Ebay annoying?

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
So I like a few Buy it Now items from a seller. So even putting them in the cart and requesting a total to the seller is not allowed. So what, am I supposed to pay 5 times the shipping cost because of some stupid Ebay regulation? Sellers are losing business this way I can imagine, and so is Ebay then. Sellers are not even aware of this as I have found out. I am getting tired of having to explain this to sellers when I send them an email. So frustrated with these new stupid Ebay rules.

Ebay's FVF (final value fee) has hurt the site. A lot of sellers (like me) quit selling. There's no way to overcome the additional 9% fee tacked on to every sale and make a worthwhile profit. This doesn't include the paypal fees.

The way some sellers get around the FVF is to tack their profits on to the shipping & handling fees.

Most buy it now auctions have clearly defined shipping rates. Stick to those. I'd also recommend Amazon. That's the first place I go. It used to be Ebay, but now Ebay is a distant 3rd or 4th option... simply not worth the hassle.

The way some sellers get around the FVF is to tack their profits on to the shipping & handling fees.

I was wondering about that, but I rarely sell and buy even less on ebay, so I never care enough to find out - but I actively avoid any sellers charging insane shipping fees.

Ebay has been slowly moving away from auctions to more of an Amazon type marketplace for years now, and this seems to be part of that. I used to buy and sell 90% of my stuff on eBay but now it's only a last resort for buying, and I'd rather donate my stuff to Salvation Army than bother selling it on eBay.

I'm actually glad. It means I'm giving more of my money to independent labels and dealers or directly to the bands.

I think bandcamp has been a boon. Artists get the money, and we get some great music. The pricing is amazing. One morning last month I picked up a couple of things from a band playing in town that night, and was able to spend the whole day checking out their new stuff.

It was sweet!