Is anyone intrested mixing metalcore?(high quality raw tracks + vocals)

Hi,
i don't like DI guitars sound, bas guitar has to much bass, anyway my try

Stay Metal ,

Last edited by a moderator:
one more guys come on :)
also please tell me your opinion about song writing and if you like our song please support as with buying it here only with 1€
http://inthisdysphoria.bandcamp.com/
thank you!

Well sloppy playing, like really bad. And if the drums are midi why are they out of sync. The intro was a total mess. Only good was the growls, and if you don't have a good clean vocalist then don't have clean vocals period. And the song was really generic.

Here's my first try. Any crits/mix suggestions are encouraged! I think I found my golden guitar tone on this one!

Here's my first try. Any crits/mix suggestions are encouraged! I think I found my golden guitar tone on this one!

i can clearly hear an amp sim going on there mate but hey! great job! i really like that dirty vibe! i think you ''smash'' the vocals,or my ears are very tired :rofl:
keep up dude!

Phew, you got some serious timing issues going on there. Did you track it to a DAWs grid? Besides the sluggish intro the bass is pretty much having its own party without nailing the bassdrum in many spots (which would have been its job). One of the most obvious parts is 1:00 in your youtube-video.

Phew, you got some serious timing issues going on there. Did you track it to a DAWs grid? Besides the sluggish intro the bass is pretty much having its own party without nailing the bassdrum in many spots (which would have been its job). One of the most obvious parts is 1:00 in your youtube-video.

we track EVERYTHING in 5 hours. we had a really kick-ass timing pressure so don't expect too much..the ep that we will record in few months will have 100% tight playing and writing ;)

Well sloppy playing, like really bad. And if the drums are midi why are they out of sync. The intro was a total mess. Only good was the growls, and if you don't have a good clean vocalist then don't have clean vocals period. And the song was really generic.

This.

there is something really weird on guitars d.i., something like amp feedback into pickups or similar...what did you use?EMG pickups playing instruments a few inches far from the speaker?
really strange LOL
i'll give it a try in a few days :D

guys guitars d.i. are useless...badly tracking and i really can't come out with a decent sound with both Kemper/Axe and neither real amp....
i'm rage-quitting ahah

high quality gear with sloppy players it´s still useless.
Dont take me wrong but it´s better to have tight tracks with low end gear.

high quality gear with sloppy players it´s still useless.
Dont take me wrong but it´s better to have tight tracks with low end gear.

for sure.
IMO it's better write drum midi and bass midi line at home, maybe traking guitars recording just the d.i. through a good interface, edit them and THEN enter a studio for vocal recordings and mixing/mastering.
Take this as an advice for further recording session, with some decent d.i. and better singing this track could be really better.

see this example: maybe you won't like the production on guitars, but it takes a lot of time during tracking gtrs and vox