Is BlackWater Park Limited Edition worth buying?

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
Are the 2 bonus tracks good enough to dish out the cash to buy the limited edition version? And if so...Where I can i Find it. I checked amazon I see nothing!!!

Only buy it if you don't already have the regular version. I have the Ltd. Ed. and while it's cool, it isn't worth spending more money for the 2 bonus tracks.

I found mine at 'Borders Books and Music'

I have it, and I love it. The packaging is much different, as it comes in a black slipcase with just the "O" on the front, and the cover of the sleeve is the same only it doesn't say anything on it, which makes it even more beautiful to look at. Plus, the bonus tracks are some of Opeth's best.

I love it... I got into a lot of trouble to get it. It was worth it, but I don't know if the casual fan would appreciate it. I mean, I love the songs, but they ARE sent out for the hardcore fan. Anyway, if you don't have the regular edition, buy it, if you can find it. If you are a hardcore fan, please do so!!! It will probably become your favourite Opeth related product...

I found mine at the Best Buy that I work at, so I got it for about $10. I love the two extra songs, they are just beautiful and the packaging is great aswell.

I got mine for $13 from The End Records. Course, I don't think they have them anymore. The bonus songs and video are worth it to me. Great stuff if you like Opeth's slower material.

Most definitely worth getting, I had the original, but I bought the 2-CD edition on ebay for $26. The 2 bonus songs are incredible, a must have if you are a fan of Opeth's mellow side.

I do think it would have been better if they put the 2 bonussongs on 1 disc together with the album instead of adding them on a separate CD, but then the video probably wouldn't have fit. But now the DVD's out, that video's kinda expendable.

Get it.

I think it's worth it.

I sold my old Blackwater Park to someone who had to be introduced to Opeth, so I got some cash (for the original), introduced someone to Opeth (and they liked it), and got the limited edition.

Win win.

And the two mellow songs are probably among their finest acoustic pieces (IMO).

i've been wondering which cd patterns in the ivy II was off, now i know. i agree that it is one of their best acoustic songs.

its not to look hardcore
i had my original blackwater park signed by the band and BWP being my fav opeth album i wanted to get it in so called "deluxe edition"
which was rad
hopefully i can get that signed :D