Blackwater Park 2CD Limited Edition at Amazon.com

Sep 26, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Hey, I was just browsing Amazon.com for Opeth stuff and noticed they seem to have the Limited 2CD Edition of Blackwater Park. It's $19.98.

I wonder if it really is the Limited Edition. I recently saw they had a Limited Edition 2CD of Lightbulb Sun listed, but after I ordered it, they said it was on backorder and it would take 2 months to get it in (if at all...) so who knows...

Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000068QVZ/qid=1115697124/sr=8-11/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i11_xgl15/002-7166898-1246469?v=glance&s=music&n=507846

Well it has it on special order, and doesn't that mean they try get it straight from the record label? Seems a problem, seeing as how they have none, and that edition went out of print a while back.

Heh, i ordered the Lightbulb Sun 2 disc edition from amazon less than a month back, and it arrived within two weeks...from Russia...tied up only with string....and the second disc was faulty....but at least it was cheap!

like a jackass, i had both. gave the original away afetr i realized the Ltd Ed was of much higher quality....especially the Harvest video.

Yeah, I ordered it. Should be with me in June..... probably half crushed knowing Amazon. And I fail to see why it's not hard to get to get hold of. Ebay is the only bugger I know of where I could have gotten it before Amazon put it up for sale.

Risquit said:
Am I looking at the wrong thing, or is it really $59.95?

Damn they must have taken it down. That copy is from a 3rd party seller. When I saw it there it was $19.98 from Amazon themelves (not a 3rd party seller). I ordered it but they basically said 'who knows when we'll get it in'.
I'm not holding my breath.

Generally when Amazon has an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks it means they don't actually have it. I've tried it in the past with rare albums like some of the Diabolical Masquerade releases and you just end up waiting 6 weeks at which point they mail you to inform you that they can't get a hold of it anymore.

CAIRATH said:
Generally when Amazon has an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks it means they don't actually have it. I've tried it in the past with rare albums like some of the Diabolical Masquerade releases and you just end up waiting 6 weeks at which point they mail you to inform you that they can't get a hold of it anymore.

amazon has 3 tiers of availability:

1. ships in 24 hours, 1-2 days or 3-5 days = Its in one of their warehouse establishments already, will be dispatched ASAP.

2. 1-2 weeks = Its non in stock, but will be processed and shipped from distributor within 1-2 weeks.

3. 4-6 weeks = backordered or import special order title. not in stock, and availability not guaranteed...4-6 weeks minimum for delivery.