is immortal a black metal band???

Hahaha...what's funny is, I mean, if it was changed that way so that British youth weren't exposed to its overt American messages - I mean, the american flag is still all over the place right? :lol:

Wandrail said:
Hahaha...what's funny is, I mean, if it was changed that way so that British youth weren't exposed to its overt American messages - I mean, the american flag is still all over the place right? :lol:

Yeah. The opening sequence is a fight around the Statue of Liberty that finishes with Duke jetpacking an American flag onto her crown. I also noticed that for an "International special missions force", they have very few non-Americans. Jinx and Law are the only ones that spring to mind, whereas Cobra all seem to have non-American accents. The Dreadnoughts are the funniest, with lines like "Blimey! It's a bloomin' sea monster!" and "Oi Zartan, why all this niggle-figgle palaver?" Bit of the old Dick Van Dyke action there.

lord667 said:
Yeah. The opening sequence is a fight around the Statue of Liberty that finishes with Duke jetpacking an American flag onto her crown. I also noticed that for an "International special missions force", they have very few non-Americans. Jinx and Law are the only ones that spring to mind, whereas Cobra all seem to have non-American accents. The Dreadnoughts are the funniest, with lines like "Blimey! It's a bloomin' sea monster!" and "Oi Zartan, why all this niggle-figgle palaver?" Bit of the old Dick Van Dyke action there.
Heehee...I grew up on that cartoon, it dominated my childhood. :lol: Well...what about snake eyes and storm shadow? Were they japanese or what? Did they ever show their faces or even speak? I dunno, see, you couldn't have had a frenchman in there, I mean that's just ridiculous to consider, and Germany at the time was divided into west and east and you had the Russians in there and that would have been awfully complicated for a cartoon. :D The motto was 'A Real American Hero' after all.

Wandrail said:
Heehee...I grew up on that cartoon, it dominated my childhood. :lol: Well...what about snake eyes and storm shadow? Were they japanese or what? Did they ever show their faces or even speak? I dunno, see, you couldn't have had a frenchman in there, I mean that's just ridiculous to consider, and Germany at the time was divided into west and east and you had the Russians in there and that would have been awfully complicated for a cartoon. :D The motto was 'A Real American Hero' after all.

They cut that motto out as well, at least in the film (I've never seen any of the shorter cartoons, though I plan to pick them up if I ever stumble across them). Our motto was "Action Force: International Heroes".

I sort of grew up on the film, though, and I blame it for my occasional wordiness. There's probably a reason they don't put phrases like "unsubstantiated fantasy" or "magnificent fungusoids" into Sesame Street.

lord667 said:
They cut that motto out as well, at least in the film (I've never seen any of the shorter cartoons, though I plan to pick them up if I ever stumble across them). Our motto was "Action Force: International Heroes".

I sort of grew up on the film, though, and I blame it for my occasional wordiness. There's probably a reason they don't put phrases like "unsubstantiated fantasy" or "magnificent fungusoids" into Sesame Street.
You know, they've got the movie on this whole deluxe DVD edition, and I don't know if they've gotten around to releasing the actual series or not, but if they haven't I'm sure they will because every guy in his twenties will buy them for nostalgic purposes :lol:. One thing that has always struck me as funny is that in the US, we dig all kinds of international stuff, sometimes even when it bashes us. But everywhere else it seems everyone is very sensitive about this stuff. Probably a marketing move in the end...

SculptedCold said:
One has to admit though that Immortal has had a strong death metal aesthetic to the construction of their riffs and music ever since Blizzard Beasts, that's one of the reasons I was so attracted to them from the start.....and that the last two albums aren't really much more strictly black metal than, say, mid-era/recent offerings from Dimmu Borgir.

hrm even so, just because i band uses some tones of dissonance in their music doesnt really ahhh fuck it, i just got a phone call and lost my train of thought.

HellCat said:
I'd much rather listen to J. Timberlake 'cause everybody know's that Immortal guys are all abut cock teasing...... :rolleyes:
Yeah, Timberlake would never tease - I doubt he's ever even said no to a dude! :)