Is Borknagar a viking metal band or not???

nicki40t

I V L
Nov 10, 2003
Sydney
Visit site
Is Borknagar a viking metal band or not??? k, this silly question might have been asked before. And I personally prefer to believe that they are not a VIKING METAL band. please, give me some wise opinion. i'm so confused now. :ill:

the first two releases were folk black metal I think and all releases after that progressive Metal with some folk and bm influences, but generally I don't care what style they fit into. Borkie is Borkie, nothing more and nothing less, just a great Band.
Who cares if they are bm, viking or what ever...

o_O
nicki40t said:
Is Borknagar a viking metal band or not??? k, this silly question might have been asked before. And I personally prefer to believe that they are not a VIKING METAL band. please, give me some wise opinion. i'm so confused now. :ill:
It is very hard to put Borknagar into any specific grene. By listening you can hear many different influences prog, jazz, death/black metal and folk. Anytime I "have" to put them in genre I use Norweigen folk metal (add death or black wherever). But that still doesn't cover all their albums and especially the individual songs. Quintessence took some time for me to understand what was going on. But now that I do it's probably my favorite album so far, tied only with Borknagar, The Olden Domain, The Archaic Course and Empiricism. HA!!!!!

It is very hard to put Borknagar into any specific grene. By listening you can hear many different influences prog, jazz, death/black metal and folk.
That's true! In music of Borknagar there's a place for many different style!Can someone define the type of music of The Presence Is Ominous???This song have all...jazz harmonies,prog structure,epic feelings and black vocals!
Is OYSTEIN G.BRUN a genius???Yeaaahhh:OMG: