German Black Metal?

Freanan

Jul 4, 2003
Esthal - deep under forests alive...
Hi, i am looking for some black(also pagan or viking) metal from my home country.
I only know the following bands:
Endstille (know one song, is not exactly my thing, but is good)
Suidakra (cool pagan metal)
I heard only good things about a Band called Bergthron, but never tried them out.

Please recommend me some stuff! I like (non german bands - just to show what style i like):
Immortal, Borknagar, old Ulver, old Behemoth, Shroud of Despondency, Taake, Satyricon

dude, Lux Occulta are from POLAND.......
or do you mean L.U.X. Occulta (who are indeed german)

cool, let's start a thread about AUSTRIAN blackmetal then :devil:

Nagelfar - very good and complex german blackmetal, although I bet you already know about this band (if not: get the album "Hünengrab im Herbst").

Wolfsthron - Maybe this could be described as a mixture between old Ulver (->Bergtatt) and Empyrium. Blackmetal with many clean vocals, acoustic guitars, keyboards and a folkish feel.
They only released one album which has been distributed by themselves, so it´s a bit hard to get your hands on it. That´s kinda shame, because the album is pretty good (although it´s not as complex as Bergtatt).

Menhir - Pagan Metal (a bit similar to Suidakra, I think)

Dweorgesblod - another band in the vein of Suidakra and Menhir

I tried Nargaroth's Herbstleyd and it is really great.
It was a long time ago, when i was impressed by an album that much!

I am thinking about tyring out Nagelfar, Moonblood and Wolfsthron too, sounds really interresting.
-And i will buy the upcoming new Nargaroth-album!!!

In the cd of the magazine 'Ablaze' i also found two interresting bands:
Minas Morgul, a slightly Guardian-esque pagan/black metal band
Vargsang, some raw black metal with really good atmosphere

Abigor
Agathodaimon
Bergthron
Dies Ater
Dornenreich
Dunkelgrafen
Eisregen
Equilibrium
Falkenbach
Isegrim
Menhir
Nagelfar
Nargaroth
Nocte Obducta
Riger
Summoning

This is a list of all german/austrian black metal bands which came to my mind at the moment