Non power metal German bands

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
I hate power metal, but it seems like over half of all metal bands from Germany play power metal. So what are some good German bands that don't play power metal? I personally like:

Destruction
Kreator
Sodom
Dew Scented
Fleshcrawl
Atrocity's first two albums

This is all the bands I can think of that have CDs that are available here in the US. IMO it's a pretty small list. Any suggestions?

HTU said:
They're no longer active, but I'd recommend you check out Morgoth's first 2 CDs and Protector (A shedding of skin). Good death/thrash
For Morgoth, I have Eternal Fall/Ressurection Absurd, Cursed, and Odium. They were a good old school death metal band. Too bad that they aren't around anymore.

Chuut-Riit said:
hey Ovid, wir lesen gerade deine Elegien im Lateinunterricht :D :lol:

:lol: :lol: :loco:

yeah, Storm Of Sorrows are great! :headbang:

and: "poor scene"? :err: whenever i look at gig-dates, i could really get envious that in germany you have all those good (underground) bands going on tour :cry:
this would be the only reason why i would ever want to move to germany....
on the other hand: öhm... NOPE, i won't :p :D

P. O-v-i-d Naso Chuuti Riito salutem dicit!

Gaudeo, quod carmina mea legitis, amici!! :p

Welche Elegien denn, die Amores?

Na ja, ich hoffe ihr verzeiht einem Lateinstudenten die Einleitung.

But now I´ll continue in English, just because there might be some people here, who don´t understand German or Latin. Rage is a great German band, although it is a power metal band. Well..., they are not a typical power metal band like Gamma Ray or Edguy and Smolski is one of the best guitar players I have ever heard.

Yeah, I knew Rage were a power metal band. The thing that I really dislike about power metal bands is the vocals. I don't care for operatic vocals, and I find the multiple voice harmonies particularly annoying.

Has anybody of you heard the new Disbelief album, this is REALLY some great stuff. The German press is CELEBRATING this album at the moment and I must admit that I like it very much, although I´m usually not a Death Metal fan.
But this thing fuckin´ grooves!!! :kickass:

opacity said:
i saw Disbelief on saturday (Disbelief - Green Carnation - Mörk Gryning - Suidakra - 2 local bands)

they were quite okay, but ... dunno, something was missing.

some other bands to check out:
Cryptic Wintermoon (http://www.cryptic-wintermoon.de)
Dark Age
Saxorior (www.saxorior.de)

edit:
i almost forgot VIOLATION :headbang: :kickass: http://www.violation666.de
definitely check them out!

ah cool, saw them too :) :) :)

its really powerfull sound but there's really something missing, it gets boring after a while I think...

Anyway, try Suidakra, Disbelief or Mirror Of Deception (the last one is Doom metal tho), also Undertow rules!

Final Breath (Death/Thrash really kicks ass!!!)
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter (hard to describe, just about everything mixed..... give it a try)
Abrogation (DeathMetal with german medieval lyrics)
Night In Gales (Melodic Death)