The Problem Of German Metal

And why is german/European Thrash so fucking hard??? You know I like more melodic Thrash like the Bay Area Style. Bands Like destruction sounds more like they´re raping their instruments:D so I can´t listen to them for a long time. Hm, The last Kreator Album was very good because it was more melodic then the others. And because I like thise more melodic Thrash I´m very particular and don´t listen to Bands like Dew Scented. Slayer and the Trio Infernale:D (Sodom, destruction, Kreator) are the heaviest I listen to (ok Soilwork is ok too)
And i want the new Testament album ande hope that Metallica are back on metal

I like Destruction and I love Kreator (old stuff and the last one), but like you I love the old Bay Area thrash the most!! Forbidden, Vio-lence, Testament, Death Angel.. Luckily there are still some left, like of course Testament and Imagika (www.imagikametal.com). And getting back to good ol' Germoney.. that's exactly why I love Delirious too! Check them out if you don't know them already :)
www.delirious.de

Soilwork: great band, but I can't listen to it for a whole cd or gig because of the singer, he's screaming too much, like a hardcore singer, ugh :bah:
Slayer: hmm.. only have the old stuff, but live they still blew me away (Bang Your Head)! I didn't stop headbanging :headbang: :D
(metal)Lica: lost cause... :puke:

Imagika: hehehe yeah those albums RULE! Wish they would come back to Europe, haven't seen them live yet!

Delirious: they are from Hamm and they're very Testament-ish.

Slayer: I was surprised the newer songs (read: the ones I didn't know) were as much headbang-material as the others :headbang:
But my favorite moment of the show was "if you live by the sword... you gotta Die By The Sword!!!!!" WUUUUAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Originally posted by Eye Of The Observer
Hm, Die by Sword? I was in the Pit i can´t remeber anything:D I got some blurry memories in my mind. did the play "Evil has no boundaries"?

Don't think so.. not sure about many titles, didn't write them down... at least I don't remember Evil.

I agree that lot´s of newer German bands sound like Helloween e.g. Edguy, Freedon Call, ... which is not bad though. Quite individual is Brainstorm.

BLACKEND
21.08.2002 - Aalen, Heavys Summer Breeze Warm up
28.09.2002 - Crailsheim, Eiche
03.10.2002 - Emlichheim, UJZ
04.10.2002 - Hamburg, Headbangers Ballroom
05.10.2002 - Flensburg, Roxy Music Hall
11.10.2002 - Salzgitter, Forellen
12.10.2002 - Brahmsche, Alte Weberrei
18.10.2002 - Montabaur, Camelot
19.10.2002 - Lörrach, SAK
25.10.2002 - Amberg, Rockdomizl
26.10.2002 - Villingen Schwenningen, Rockhaus Amber
23.11.2002 - Leonberg Höfingen, Bassbox

check ´em out :headbang:

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot
the prob is that most german metal bands play so called power metal a lá freedom call, edguy, primal fear....i hate that kind of music. newer helloween is crap too. blind guardian and gamma ray rule tho. just look at the topics here.... :rolleyes: noone speaks about cool german thrash acts...

Narrot, from germany the country of cheese metal!
I don't quite agree, Kreator and Destruction are two of the most respected Thrash metal bands of all time and if German Metal is considered above all for Power Metal (that I DON'T LIKE) that's only why Power Metal was born there.

I hate powermetal, but didn't know that most new German metal is power metal. I actually bought the latest Primal Fear CD because I heard it described as "German thrash" somewhere. I was expecting it to sound like Kreator or Sodom and not crappy power metal. What I dislike most about powermetal is the horrible operatic vocal style; I can't stand those kind of vocals. Some Primal Fear songs would actually be ok if the vocals were different. I guess there are many bands in Germany these days with that kind of sound. Whatever happened to the days when German metal meant good thrash/speedmetal like Destruction, Kreator, Rage, Morgoth, Sodom, etc.?

I think there are lot of cool german metal bands that are still unknown!
The main problem is the lack of good musicians in Germany??!! Since I don`t want to believe that there really is a lack of good musicians in Germany that would like to metal of their asses I ask you to send me a message!!