Borknagar reunion

I don't blame Simen for sticking with Dimmu. He needs the money to support a family. Most people don't consider this when they accuse so many musicians for "selling out" or joining bands to get bigger paychecks.

It's easy for you Mr.V fanboys to tell me to stop complaining, you have him in great bands. Meanwhile Simen completely goes to waste in Dimmu and is now in a mediocre black metal band who's fanbase has already decided he's inferior to Kvhost without having heard the new album. Wohoo. :bah:

At the very least I hope Mr.V doesn't give up on his idea of working together with Simen on something. All I want is for my idol to be in a band where he isn't wasted. :(

Well, Code's debut album was pretty amazing IMO, so I have high expectations for the upcoming release.

To be honest I'm tired of reading Simen fanboys repeating the same reunion thing a million times but, being a big fan of his vocals myself, I would love to see him back in Borknagar some day. I do NOT want Simen to replace Vintersorg as my favourite Borknagar era is that with Mr. V on vocals, but it would be awesome to bring back Simen to sing a duet or something as guest singer, or, as I said in a previous post, as bass player singing additional vocals in some certain moments... but that's just a dream of mine.

I'm already pretty satisfied with the current line up so I won't complain if it lasts forever :)

It's easy for you Mr.V fanboys to tell me to stop complaining, you have him in great bands. Meanwhile Simen completely goes to waste in Dimmu and is now in a mediocre black metal band who's fanbase has already decided he's inferior to Kvhost without having heard the new album. Wohoo. :bah:

At the very least I hope Mr.V doesn't give up on his idea of working together with Simen on something. All I want is for my idol to be in a band where he isn't wasted. :(
It's not My V fanboys telling to you stop, it's just people who are being realistic :lol:

Out of everything said, I think I'd fecking hate him to come back and do bass as well as some backing vocals. It'd be terrible waste and it'd be bringing one of the most annoying things about Dimmu into Borknagar. By that I mean wasting talent.

Kick Shagrath out of Dimmu instead, so Simen can take on all vocal duties, and leave Borknagar as it is.

:lol: Why though? He was already fronting a band.... Arcturus... they shouldn't have broke up, period. Dimmu has too many fans to pull a stunt like that. Besides, their fake Satanist shit isn't half as interesting as the epic work he's done with other bands (I like Dimmu though).

as bass player singing additional vocals in some certain moments... but that's just a dream of mine.

Um, no offense but, they already have Lazare on backing vocals. And I fucking love Solefald. To have all three musicians sharing the vocals duties would be an EVEN bigger waste of talent imo.

It would NOT be a stupid idea! It would return Borknagar to it's former glory. In fact, it would be the best idea in the world second only to recruiting Simen in the first place.

Well, I couldn't agree with you more. Simen is perhaps not an underrated vocalist, but rather an "under-used". I mean, even Brun expressed worries about Simen joining Dimmu with the motivation that his talent wouldn't find the space to flourish in that band.

Simens problem is that he seems to have a problem finding a truly great band fitting for him to front. Arcturus, sure, but as far as i am concerned, Simen was the perfect fit for The Borks. And this is not a cut on Mr.V in any way, I admire him greatly and actually would prefer his voice over acoustic guitars as on Origin (magnificient album). But looking at the whole picture, i don't think any Scandinavian metal vocalist can rival the mighty Simen when it comes to melody and sheer vocal power - he is truly an amazing world-class singer, one of the best.

I'm not asking for The Borks to boot Mr.V, by no means, more raising the question wether Brun wants to write songs with or for Simen in the future. If this happen in Borknagar or in some other project perhaps isn't the most import issue. But i would really like to see these to work togheter again. And i for sure wouldn't complain if that happened in Borknagar ... Since also both Asgeir and Lars are fuckin awesome musicians.

O, i might have been wrong about that "ultimatum" but i sure remember that Simen said something like that in an interviem, and that he would have stayed with Borknagar TO THIS DAY if it hadn't been for "this pressure" or "ultimatum" or whatever went on. So it obviously never was a question of musical differences ... :)

It's funny reading this thread because my friend just refers to Simen as sounding like a drunken wailing hobo, and I've seen more negative comments towards his vocals then I have positive.

I do not want Simen back in Borknagar, but I would love to hear his voice on some new work that isn't Dimmu Borgir or Code.

I fucking hate that Arcturus broke up. Simen was PERFECT for that band. When he took over vocals it was a dream band. Only one god damn album. I'm glad Code at least has him as the sole vocalist. I loved Code's first album, so I have very very very high hopes for the next album. And anybody who thinks they're a mediocre band, just think about how the amazingness of Simen will improve them!!!!!!!

DIMMU BE DAMNED!!!!!!!!

*listening to The Chaos Path*

Yeah, I agree that Simen needs his own band. Or better yet, Arcturus needs to get back together at some point and record a new album.

It's been what, a year more or less since they broke up? Hopefully within the next 2 or 3 they'll remember that Arcturus is the best band ever and they need to record one more!!! :zombie:

O, i might have been wrong about that "ultimatum" but i sure remember that Simen said something like that in an interviem, and that he would have stayed with Borknagar TO THIS DAY if it hadn't been for "this pressure" or "ultimatum" or whatever went on. So it obviously never was a question of musical differences ... :)

Just a little clarification on my sources. I looked around on the internet to try and find out were i got this "statement"-thing from, and quite obviously it wasn't an interview with Simen - not directly anyway, but his official/unofficial (?) mypace fanpage (www.myspace.com/icsvortex) where you can read:

"In August 2000, Hestnæs left Borknagar to fully concentrate on Dimmu Borgir. According to an interview, Borknagar was set to tour Europe with Mayhem, about the same time he would be in the studio to record with Dimmu Borgir. Borknagar guitarist and frontman Oystein G. Brun gave Hestnæs an ultimatum: tour with Borknagar, or quit and deal with Dimmu Borgir. He opted for the latter, stating that he enjoys working in the studio more than performing live, as more creativity is abound. Brun would later state that the decision was 'business', and that he 'had nothing against Dimmu Borgir', and he wished Hestnæs the best; Hestnæs then stated that had he not gotten the ultimatum, he would still be in Borknagar to this day."

Also remember guys, Simen does have his own band, it's called Lamented Souls. They're just going to never ever ever ever release anything new... EVER!

Also that page is "unofficial" so not entirely sure if it's true or not, but it sounds fairly accurate. You know what pisses me off? Simen would e perfect in Borknagar now because all Borknagar does is record and never play live, TYPICAL!

You know what pisses me off? Simen would e perfect in Borknagar now because all Borknagar does is record and never play live, TYPICAL!

Well this is the sad irony of the whole situation ... Simen in Borknagar with it's current status as a "studioband" would simply be PERFECT.