Is it a good idea to reamp keyboards?

And aside from that, I think the S90 has some kind of "slave" mode with MIDI so that it can just play MIDI data from an external source with it's own sounds.

Any keyboard/module with a MIDI IN can do that. Just plug the MIDI OUT of your soundcard on S90's MIDI IN, set your DAW properly and voilà!

I find it very strange that the Yamaha S90 sounds bad!!! I have a Motif ES that has the same sounds has the S90 i think and it has a big load of very good sounds, if that particular sound doesn't fit that section try another one or edit the preset patch or download some string patches from motifator.com...
With a powerfull synth like that there is no need to spend money on VST librarys unless you really want to make something very realistic...
I would look for the problem elswhere and not in the synth, check your levels, conect the two outs to two instrument DI inputs, etc...

try this: play back your recorded synth tracks through your monitors, and record the sound with a mic of your choice.
it's sort of like having the guy play through a PA and recording that sound.

I find it very strange that the Yamaha S90 sounds bad!!! I have a Motif ES that has the same sounds has the S90 i think and it has a big load of very good sounds, if that particular sound doesn't fit that section try another one or edit the preset patch or download some string patches from motifator.com...
With a powerfull synth like that there is no need to spend money on VST librarys unless you really want to make something very realistic...
I would look for the problem elswhere and not in the synth, check your levels, conect the two outs to two instrument DI inputs, etc...

I never said it sounded bad!!! That keyboard is a monster, and it's a great part of the sound we get live.

I just dont seem to get a full, rich, round and powerful sound as I think it should be. But this is not the keyboard fault, it's just a matter of the experience I have, the gear we used, you know...we're just learning all the time and all we want is to have the greatest sound we can, but I'd be lying to you if I'd say that this is my 15th record I've made, and bla, bla, bla...
And there's still a lot of featuress in the S90 that I haven't tried yet, too...I know it's a very powerful thing

try this: play back your recorded synth tracks through your monitors, and record the sound with a mic of your choice.
it's sort of like having the guy play through a PA and recording that sound.

I tried to mic my monitors with a sm57 keyboard panned on that same monitor...sounded pretty much like shit, lol
I can't pick the "main" speaker and the tweeter [or whatever it is called, I dont remember] at the same time and having it sound great.
Maybe I'll try with a couple other mics? condenser, maybe?

Then just make sure you are recording using the instrument inputs (DI) on you recording interface or mic preamps, most interfaces have an option to activate the DI on input one and two. If you don't do this the level won't be so good and it's harder to obtain a strong signal with the rest of the mix, the keyboards will seem to have less power like you said.
Other than that, besides what i just said above about the sounds is just mixing skills...
Forget Re-Amping keyboards and i really think you should not waste money on VSTI intruments unless of course you have loads of it, just try to get it right with what you have...