Is it just me, or are the mexicans the luckiest bastards so far on this tour?

Ninfix

Gamer of life
Nov 30, 2007
Oslo, Norway
Well, Opeth played not one, but two shows in Mexico City.

The first set was

Heir Apparent
Ghost Of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
The Leper Affinity
Credence
Hessian Peel
Closure
The Night And The Silent Water
The Lotus Eater
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deliverance

And the second set, the day after, was

Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Godhead's Lament
The Drapery Falls
Demon Of The Fall
Hessian Peel
Hope Leaves
The Night And The Silent Water
The Lotus Eater
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Master's Apprentices

According to my calculations, you only have to add Blackwater Park and Under The Weeping Moon to this list, and I would actually nuke Mexico City :headbang:

Anyone that agrees? Are the mexicans lucky? :Smokin:

I think they are - and that's just because their venue was too small, it sold out too fast so they tried (and succeeded) to book a second date.

(In Chile we had a venue for about 6000 people, I estimate there was something like 5k people in there... awesome show)

would be cool to see some new live songs to be added.

harlequin forest, karme for example ... they play this circle of songs for a long time now

I would actually nuke Mexico City

I'd rather suffer the affects of the bomb than go to Mexico City
:yuk:

All kidding aside those were some great setlists.
My only hope is that Burden is added when they visit the US

If I had to play Heir Apparent every night I'd be pretty damn bored with it...The Lotus Eater is the shit though. Also, as it's been said many times before, less TDF/DotF. And Godhead's Lament is easily my least favorite on Still Life but it's got some fanboys so I'd let it pass.

the setlist in Argentina as far as i remember cause am drunk now

• hessian peel
  • godhead's lament
  • credence
a bit of harvest sung by the crowd
a bit of soldier of fortune sung by the crowd
ghost of perdition
the night and the silent water
credence
deliverance

a bit of a song of the beatles that i dont know cause i hate them
the lotus eater
the leper affinity

wish they could have played:
when
demon of the fall
nectar
masters apprentices
bleak
forest of october

which PERSONALLY, would've made my night better since i dont like their last two records but bleh, watching them playing in my country finally came true

so fucking thank you
when i saw Mikael walking down the stairs, and talking to us, i cried like a fucking baby and said: dude this guy's real.

great setlist...and some of them those to jump the border...looks what they missin out on now...

well thats a harsh thing to say.. but i can see your point.

yeah both setlist were awesome, also the capacity in this venue its probably about 3500 people, so.. well it isnt so small. I think in mexico city went like 6000 people in both days ( 1 was a sold out). Adding the monterrey date (sold out too), we can say that more than 8000 people saw opeth in mexico.

You can say we were lucky... but we were expecting this shows for a long time ago. I might say chile is like the best latinamerican metal country, but if they are first, we are second, no doubt about that.